Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Responded] Can't get into a party instance with steam client and non-steam client

Discussion in 'Critical Issues (Blockers, Performance, Crashes)' started by Armeleon Vesaz, Aug 31, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Armeleon Vesaz

Armeleon Vesaz Avatar

08/31/2018 19:24
    Title: Can't get into a party with steam client and non-steam cleint
    Reproduction Rate: 100%
    Blocker?
    Details: Since .825 I can't get my steam client into a party instance with non-steam users. Both display version .825 in game. I get the "older version" message in the loading screen when trying to zone in.
    Steps to Reproduce:
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU @ 4.20GHz (8) System RAM: 32698
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 GPU RAM: 8079
    SotA.Win.64.825.Date.08.31.18
    Area: Novia_R8_Hills02_01
    Area Display Name: Upper Tears
    Loc: (481.1, -72.6, -198.1)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjhfSGlsbHMwMl8wMXx8KDQ4MS4xMTcsIC03Mi42MzMsIC0xOTguMDgpfCgwLCAwLjk5NCwgMCwgLTAuMTA4KXwxOTUuMzU4NnwyOC4yNjg2M3wzLjU0MDYyMw==

2. Lord Subtleton

Lord Subtleton Developer Emeritus

That "older version" message indicates that another player in the party is using a different (older) version of the client. You will need to convince the other players to patch up before you can play with them.

3. Armeleon Vesaz

Armeleon Vesaz Avatar

That is not the issue. As my original bug report said, both clients are patched and display version .825 in game. I investigated further and it seems this is character/account related. I can't load into the same instance even though I started both on the same install, and again it is patched and displays version .825 in game.

4. Morgana Pendragon

Morgana Pendragon Avatar

@Armeleon Vesaz please specify further in details which message(s) are you getting exactly

5. Armeleon Vesaz

Armeleon Vesaz Avatar

This seems to be resolved. After restarting and rezoning all clients involved. My guess of what was happening is that for some reason after patching my character was put into the *instance* that was still on the old patch, even though the client was already patched. This caused the fact that other characters could not zone in.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.