Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Responded] Constant Disconnects from Service

Discussion in 'Critical Issues (Blockers, Performance, Crashes)' started by Bedawyn, Aug 27, 2019.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bedawyn

Bedawyn Avatar

08/27/2019 16:46
    Title: Constant Disconnects from Service
    Reproduction Rate: Far too often
    Blocker? Yes

Details: Ever since release 68 came out, I've been running into extremely frequent service disconnects (at least once a day), either with an Altair warning message or with a "Reconnecting to the game service..." message. I never saw these before release 68 and was hoping it was a temporary glitch, but since I downloaded the QA last night, I've had it happen three times just on the QA. In fact, I've just spent the past two hours trying to get in-world and not being able to stay online for more than a few minutes.

It either waits until after I've got through the whole login process and the load screen for the town, THEN disconnects me the minute after I load into the town, or it will hang at 50% for ages then go to the Reconnecting message, or I'll be going along fine for a while then notice it hanging and suddenly I'm back on the load screen with another disconnect message. The worse part is that it never goes directly to the disconnect, it always spend several minutes on a load screen first, so that it takes so much longer than it should.

Again, I don't believe I ever once saw this happen before Release 68; if it did, it was so rare as to be negligible.

Steps to Reproduce: Try to log in. Seriously, this has been happening to me almost every single day in August.

User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-8130U CPU @ 2.20GHz (4) System RAM: 8089
    GPU: Intel(R) UHD Graphics 620 GPU RAM: 2150
    SotA.QA.Win.64.867.Date.08.26.19
    Area: POT_forest_metropolis_01c_template/Fallin' Green
    Area Display Name: Fallin' Green
    Loc: (-11.1, 42.0, 273.0)
    Debug: UE9UX2ZvcmVzdF9tZXRyb3BvbGlzXzAxY190ZW1wbGF0ZXxGYWxsaW4nIEdyZWVufCgtMTEuMDczLCA0MS45NTksIDI3Mi45ODIpfCgwLCAwLjg3NiwgMCwgMC40ODIpfDEyMi4zNTgzfDEwfDEuODQ0NTg3

2. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

While I havent been disconnected like you, I can say ive seen lots of lag and crashes, we got thrown between instances in a group, one person would suddenly load a new instance, then the game would try throw us all into their instance, of which we would get no choice, and then one person would lag doing that and end up in another instance.. repeat..

3. DavidDC

DavidDC Programmer Moderator SOTA Developer

That problem with the 50% loading screen that stop there with the message "operationinvalid" has been here since a certain patch in r67. When i get disconnect cause of using multiple account, i get that same message and cant log back in until my in game ghosted character disconnect.

Pretty sure this, the experience attenuation that i reported last release and all crash are related to the same problem. Which is either a hardware not sending or receiving all information or causing error from their server or something like a kind of protection that they implemented that could cause data to be blocked for unknown reason. Its also at that exact same time that the r67 patch happened that problem with the server started, when they had to change the box 2-3 week later.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2019
  4. Lord Subtleton

Lord Subtleton Developer Emeritus

Bad news to report. Your network connection looks good. What I'm seeing is poor performance on the client side when loading assets. The system specs for your machine would indicate that it falls below our minimum spec. My understanding is the Intel(R) UHD Graphics 620 shares memory from system RAM, so this may be a case of just not enough memory to run properly. You may be able to get running by reducing graphics settings to Fastest and turning all other graphics options to off.

5. Bedawyn

Bedawyn Avatar

And this seems to be your standard answer despite the fact that my system hasn't changed since I started, and this problem is very specific to the August releases. If memory were the issue, what is it about the latest release that shoots up the memory requirement that was running just fine on my below-spec machine before?

I will assume there is some mystical explanation I'm unaware of for how memory-based problems on my machine would cause a disconnect from your server immediately upon login.

6. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

If you look in the sota_log.txt file in the sota data folder, that should show more details, or the output_log.txt file in the appdata\locallow\portalrium folder in your profile, these could have more specific errors for you to look at.

Bedawyn likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.