Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Responded] continued problem of not being able to enter owls head

Discussion in 'World Building, Scenes, Environment, & Overworld' started by skeggy Media, Oct 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skeggy Media

skeggy Media Avatar

10/28/2017 1:50 PM
    Title: continued problem of not being able to enter owls head
    Reproduction Rate: most times
    Blocker? owls head is cut out of the game
    Details: various times of entering owls head from the hidden vale or using teleport scrolls the program becomes unresponsive and then crashes. teleporting in is the only successful method but still sometimes fails on equiping avatar at 98% this has been ongoing for about a month and I do eventually succeed to go and join lunch with laz and jack each workday at noon NBT.
    Steps to Reproduce: various times and also teleporting to a friend.
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz (8) System RAM: 16268
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 GPU RAM: 2981
    SotA.EarlyAccess.LIVE.Win.64.683.Date.10.27.17
    Area: OverworldIsland
    Area Display Name: Hidden Vale
    Loc: (233.8, -4.7, 370.0)
    Debug: T3ZlcndvcmxkSXNsYW5kfHwoMjMzLjgyNywgLTQuNjY0LCAzNzApfCgwLCAwLCAwLCAxKXwwfDQ1fDI5

[​IMG]

Cassandra Corax likes this.
  2. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

I have recently experienced this several times. Stuck at 98% . Logging out to overworld and trying to re-enter is a repeat fail. I generally leave and come back later and it is a crapshoot as to whether I can get in. Windows 10. Seems worse when I am returning after playing for an hour or more in a PVE area until my backpack is full.

Cassandra Corax likes this.
  3. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

@Aldo You may want to run Shroud of the Avatar in Window 8 compability mode. It may possibly help you, for the time being.
    When this happens, please restart the PC. It's your best bet in getting it to work once it happens.

@skeggy Media
    When this happens, do you ever look at task manager? Does it seem like SoTA is using too much memory or too little?
    You may also want to run SoTA in Windows 8 compability mode as well. (Right click on the game icon not the launcher icon, go to the compability tab)

Thank you both and sorry about that.

4. skeggy Media

skeggy Media Avatar

I loaded into owls head to find I am on a different public instance I have done this with two different computers.
    checked compatibility mode with both computers no difference.

I am in owls head and some players are not in the same public instance they are shown in the teleport system as being in the instance but when I teleport or enter the instance I am not in there instance.

[​IMG]

both players in the picture are my accounts the nearby player is my other account. if you look in the teleport screen other people like Lazarus long are in owls head but not showing in the nearby players so I cannot see them in this instance.

this is not in friends only mode.

I do see other players from time to time so this problem puzzles me.

will this problem affect player owned inventory on their vendors in owls head?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.