Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Responded] Contrary to release notes, Spellbinders Stance *NOT* fixed

Discussion in 'Combat, Skills, & Magic' started by Ben_Hroth, Dec 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ben_Hroth

Ben_Hroth Avatar

12/5/2017 6:24 AM
    Title: Contrary to release notes, Spellbinders Stance *NOT* fixed
    Reproduction Rate: 100%
    Blocker? No
    Details: As has been since Build 581, Spellbinder Stance does not work. This has been documented as Bug #: 52272 since October. The essential bug is that it only gives a Draw Speed Modifier, not a Cast Time Modifier or Focus Regen.

I understand that it's Early Access but I don't think it makes sense to trumpet Spellbinder Stance as *fixed* in the R49 Release Notes when it's been broken for months, especially in light of Chaotic Feedback being made too deadly to use. No point worrying about the SFX when the spell doesn't work!

Steps to Reproduce: 1. Cast Spellbinder's, look at tooltip, try to play the game within a Spellbinder Stance build.

User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4690K CPU @ 3.50GHz (4) System RAM: 32712
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 Ti GPU RAM: 6103
    SotA.EarlyAccess.QA.Win.64.595.Date.12.03.17
    Area: Novia_R3_Underground03_01
    Area Display Name: K'rul
    Loc: (194.6, 128.0, 491.7)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjNfVW5kZXJncm91bmQwM18wMXx8KDE5NC42MTksIDEyNy45OTksIDQ5MS42NjYpfCgwLCAtMC43MDksIDAsIC0wLjcwNil8OTAuMjQ1MDF8MTB8Ni43MzM2NzY=

2. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

So, I'll try to clarify where we are coming from with this. I see this come up in gaming development (in general) from time to time.
    We have different folks in different departments. The fix for the VFX is actually something someone from our art team could squeeze in for this release. To use this analogy: we have 4 new tires waiting to go on a car but the engine still needs some work. We had the tires already, as the tire guy was ready to come by, so instead of just putting them in the back of the shop somewhere we just stuck them on the car. But the mechanic still has his work to finish up and continues to troubleshoot. The good news is once he has the solution and the engine is ready, the car can just vroom right out of the shop.

The person working on FX was already planning on working on this, unrelated to this spell's functionality state. He wasn't going to not work on it due to this bug #.

Plus, I hope we can still get a confirmed fix in. If we do, it will be added to the release notes. They can change all the way up to release.

@hroth

3. Ben_Hroth

Ben_Hroth Avatar

Thanks, Lexie. That all makes sense! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.