Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Responded] Decorating hell

Discussion in 'Release 68 Feedback' started by Mishikal, Jul 25, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

Between us, my wife and I have 4 accounts, and many properties. We've always set each other as "co-owners" for all of our accounts on all of the properties. This made it very easy for us to decorate our lots as needed with whatever account we were logged in as. Now, however, even as CO-OWNERS we cannot pick up any items on the lots that we did not specifically place with a given account.

To make matters worse, even if we go and change the lot permissions to "Decoration: Remove or modify: Co-Owner" at a global level, we cannot pick up items. When you consider that some of our lots have over 2k+ individual items placed, this is a complete and utter nightmare.

I'm also terrified about what will happen if we store any of our lots in magic movers. We have a good 20 or so lots stored *right now* between us, that we used to routinely put away/pull out. What will happen now? Will the items on the lot that weren't placed by the lot owner go back to the bank??????

2. Justyn

Justyn Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

We have suspended all deco jobs until we get some very clear explanation from Port about how this is suppose to work. I cannot imagine the hell of decoing someone else's home and the system identify me as the owner of all those rares since I placed them, then trying to sort out what's ours and what's theirs... Our customers have been notified that all current jobs are on hold until further notice.

3. Fionwyn Wyldemane

Fionwyn Wyldemane Avatar

Interesting, I just logged into an alt account and had no problem moving items on a lot owned by one of my other characters. The items were placed by the owner and my alt was able to move anything and everything.

4. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

Pick up, not move. ;) Try putting something in your inventory.

Fionwyn Wyldemane likes this.
  5. Fionwyn Wyldemane

Fionwyn Wyldemane Avatar

I am able to move things into my inventory. I have global permissions set to:

Decoration Remove or Modify: Co-Owner

Do you need to change your global permissions?

6. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

I did this as noted in my original post (second paragraph). :) For existing items on the lot it makes no difference. I cannot pick them up into my inventory.

7. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

Note: I've tried modifying that setting at a global level as both the lot owner and as a co-owner of the lot. Same result -> As a co-owner, I cannot pick items up into my inventory, regardless of the global lot setting.

8. Gwendolyn Obscuro

Gwendolyn Obscuro Bug Hunter

My husband and I also store a lot of items on each others properties as co-owners. I just checked and I have no problems picking up something my husband placed in his lot then re-placing it so it says placed by me. Not sure what is causing your issue. If you had been set to co-owner with the tenant box checked previously maybe things got set to private for you? We didn't use the tenant checkbox before.

Unfortunately there are a lot of different housing scenarios the devs need to take into account with the permissions changes and priority must be given to making sure no one can take items they were not meant to have access to. But I do hope that when the changes are all in that co-owners get all the rights they should with the shared ownership the name implies.

9. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

We've never used tenant, and it's specific to items prior to this release (i.e., existing items).

10. Echondas

Echondas Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

I don’t know if this helps but I think i remember something in the old UI being checked by default - enable tenant mode maybe? I never knew what it did or bothered to fiddle with it much, since I wasn’t running an inn ...

11. Fionwyn Wyldemane

Fionwyn Wyldemane Avatar

@Mishikal sorry you're having a problem. Not sure why it works for me. Either way, I hope this gets another look by the devs as it has far reaching consequences beyond being able to play chess or checkers...

Mishikal likes this.
  12. DarkStarr

DarkStarr Executive Producer SOTA Developer

13. DarkStarr

DarkStarr Executive Producer SOTA Developer

Please note: If you have those items marked "Private" you cannot share them between Co-owners anymore.

Alleine Dragonfyre likes this.
  14. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

So this worked prior to these changes. Is there no way a lot owner can go and globally change all the permission levels on their lot? We're talking literally 10's of thousands of items where there was no issue prior to this release.

15. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Yes please.

16. Fenrus MacRath

Fenrus MacRath Avatar

Is a working model of chess, inside of a video game not about chess, really worth this amount of grief? I say we go Bishop to Queens rollback 4 and make this all go away.

nimueCW, Chirp, Mishikal and 2 others like this.
  17. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

@Justyn04 In today's livestream (near the end) they said one of the "upcoming" goals for 2019 is to make it so that it will be possible for lot owners to put down "pallets" that "deco divas" will be able to pull from to decorate a lot with the correct ownership permissions. I don't know what the ETA is on that feature.

Jaesun likes this.
  18. Justyn

Justyn Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

Me either, BUT all deco will have to be suspended until then. Did extensive testing last night and no matter what we did, at the end of the day when the house was evicted all the items placed went to the bank of the person who placed them on the lot. The only thing I didn't try was removing the person who deco'd from the lot permissions prior to the eviction. Will need to test that one.

Fenrus MacRath, Jaesun and Mishikal like this.
  19. OzzyOsbourne

OzzyOsbourne Avatar

What I never understood about his chess business is why would you want to play a game with this new system, players can cheat... where as with the tenant system, you just had to leave the black pieces in a specific container and the white pieces in another and when players would place their pieces, the opponent couldnt move them because they were each private and tenant. Then they just had to be honest and return the pieces back to the containers when finished... Did I miss something as to why the tenant function wasnt good enough for some people? I had to remove my whole guild from my permissions list until this gets resolved. Just dont understand it yet.... :confused:

20. Bedawyn

Bedawyn Avatar

The chess issue is getting a lot of noise, but really, my understanding is that the chess possibilities are only an additional perk, not the real reason for these changes. Their ultimate goal is a system that will (1) allow people to place non-tradable items as deco on their lots instead of having them sit uselessly in inventory or taking up bank slots, and that will (2) allow them to give out more and nicer but non-tradable prizes and rewards without worrying about people using alts just to get free stuff that they can turn around and sell. This change is a step toward that better system.

Which isn't to say that the insufficiently tested current implementation of it is justifiable. Just don't want people thinking that the hassle is all for the sake of chess and checkers that will benefit only a few people, when it's really in service to a goal that will benefit most of us.

Jaesun, Echondas and Alley Oop like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.