Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Responded] Desolis - Winston Haevia PhD doesn't want books

Discussion in 'Quests, Conversations, & NPC's' started by Jens_T, Nov 18, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jens_T

Jens_T Avatar

11/18/2017 5:55 PM
    Title:
    Reproduction Rate:
    Blocker?
    Details:
    Steps to Reproduce:Talking to Winston he mentions the keyword "book" - but doesn't react to it ("Hmm"). Saying "books" triggers a reply "You must be an intellectual". I recall that he had a quest for Epitaph books I finalized a long time ago. If that is why he doesn't react anymore then the keyword should be either removed or better - lead to another answer like "Thank you for the books you brought, I am still studying. Fascinating!"

The same problem exists with "Elara Solstar" who also had a book quest...

User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790K CPU @ 4.00GHz (8) System RAM: 16384
    GPU: AMD Radeon R9 M295X OpenGL Engine GPU RAM: 4096
    SotA.EarlyAccess.LIVE.OSX.64.697.Date.11.17.17
    Area: Novia_R4_City_Desolis
    Area Display Name: Desolis
    Loc: (-268.7, 119.7, -127.4)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjRfQ2l0eV9EZXNvbGlzfHwoLTI2OC43NDEsIDExOS42NzMsIC0xMjcuMzg5KXwoMCwgLTAuNjI3LCAwLCAwLjc3OSl8MjgyLjMyMTd8MjIuODc0MDd8MTI=

2. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

Yes, if you completed the quest from him previously he doesn't mention the quest again (as to not confuse players to try to complete things they cannot) but he did need SOME kind of response that would somewhat make sense.
    Keywords and questing is definitely a complex subject, especially when keywords are used among multiple NPCs - and having it make sense across all NPCs. I do not envy Lum's job :)
    @Jens_T

3. Jens_T

Jens_T Avatar

The problem with Winston is that the dialogue auto-ends, so i can’t enter the right keywords anymore. Wouldn’t it be possible to check for the status of all quests and set a flag that completed quests don’t have a sparkle anymore?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.