Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Responded] Full Screen and multi monitor Issue

Discussion in 'User Interface (Including Launcher)' started by Scoots, May 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scoots

Scoots Avatar

Reproduction is %100

The game screen goes away on main screen and has to be re opened if focus is placed on a different item such as an email of on internet explorer on a different monitor when the game is in full screen mode on main monitor.

To reproduce this open an instance of the game place it in full screen mode then on a separate monitor which allot of us use try doing anything else example take the focus away from the game screen. Once the focus is removed from the main screen the game minimizes and if you are a true multitasker and game player you are not able to se what is happening while you are checking on an item in explorer or answering an email at the same time.

Fister Magee likes this.
  2. Rentier

Rentier Avatar

@Scoots use command line option -popupwindow to get it in full screen borderless windowed mode

3. Scoots

Scoots Avatar

Getting it into the "full screen borderless windowed mode" is NOT the issue. The issue is that when another program is touched example windows explorer the borderless windowed mode closes down and has to be reopened again.

4. Rentier

Rentier Avatar

the behaviour you describe is when you are in fullscreen mode and not fullscreen windowed mode

5. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

Yeah, I've re-read all of this a few times and I'm still a little confused. Did Rentier's suggestion not work for you?
    @Scoots

6. Scoots

Scoots Avatar

Sorry I was called away in the middle of writing this. To answer Rentier, it is correct as I said in the first message please read the read the To reproduce section. it states place the game in full screen mode. So again to answer even your question attempting to put the game into full screen mode is not the question. Getting the game to stay ON THE SCREEN when in full screen mode when the focus is put on a different program such as outlook is the issue.

Also on a separate note a big functional help for those with multiple monitors would be to have the popup windows such as the inventory or the chat windows have the ability to be moved out of the confines of the main window. (Ability to move the secondary window to a separate monitor) I understand that this is a bit bigger of an undertaking but would be a benefit in the end as it gives back resources to the main window in the end which give better frame rates to the user as well as it frees up much needed space to the user as it is hard to see what is happening behind a window especially if you are in a fight and the inventory opens up.

7. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

Ok, I just tested this. There are two different full-screen modes available. If you have Full Screen checked in the Display options, you are NOT in borderless fullscreen, so clicking on another application will minimize the game.

Instead, either run from Steam and select the "Borderless Fullscreen Mode" option, or run the game with the -popupwindow command. In this mode, the Full Screen option is NOT selected in Display, but when you select the same resolution your monitor is running at it will "pop" into a pseudo-fullscreen. Now you can change to apps on the other monitor without minimizing your game.

Hope that helps.

Alley Oop, Lexie and Rentier like this.
  8. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

HUZZAH!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.