Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Responded] Game Sound Too Soft

Discussion in 'Release 42 Bug Forum' started by Poor game design, Jun 3, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

Beginning in R41 I noticed that the master volume sound for SOTA was significantly lower than what I had experienced in the past. For example, I used to listen to music on my PC using other applications and the master sound could stay the same without any noticeable difference.

However, in R41 that changed and any time I used another application (youtube, mp3's, news videos, etc..) I would get blasted by the sound because of the extreme difference.

So because I'm stupid and crazy, I bought some new speakers because the old ones were about 10 years old. (good excuse) ;) But now I still have this annoying problem.

I believe that a few months ago some people may have been complaining about the default sound being too loud. Whatever the case, it's far too soft now and I'd like it to get fixed so I don't have to turn up my speakers manually to the MAX just to hear music and basic sounds coming from the game.

Thanks.

2. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

Any chance you're on windows and you've managed to reduce the sounds specifically for that app, because I have youtube and its plenty loud, but I have to reduce sota to 60% because its "too loud" otherwise!

Mischievous Dragon likes this.
  3. Mischievous Dragon

Mischievous Dragon Riparian Reaper

I am, unfortunately, not experiencing this externally.
    There must be some special sauce going on.

Lexie likes this.
  4. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

Yeah, there has to be some special sauce going on. It used to be really loud for me but now it is perfect.
    Check for any software programs that might be managing your system audio, of course there is Windows itself. Check the sound playback devices are configured properly and check your drivers under the device manager. It's a long shot, but sometimes updating sound drivers can fix the unexplained.

(I am assuming you are in Windows, sorry.)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.