Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Responded] Launcher all black

Discussion in 'Release 42 Bug Forum' started by mik, Jun 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mik

mik Avatar

When I start the Shroud of the Avatar Launcher the window opens but there is no content just a black screen.

Clicking in the window sometimes opens the browser that takes me to the SotA Bundle Store. Once there was also a crash.

This happens all the time. I even did a complete reinstall of the game, but that didn't change anything.

Michael

2. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

do you hear the game music? i sometimes see a black screen for a few seconds but it starts displaying when the game music starts.

3. mik

mik Avatar

There is no sound. The game itself doesn't even start, just the Launcher who does the upgrade of the game.
    Is there any other way I can start the game, other than via the Launcher?

Michael

4. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

yes, there should be a game executable in the same folder as the launcher executable.

Lexie likes this.
  5. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

6. mik

mik Avatar

When I start the game by executing the Shroud ov the Avatar.exe I have the same experience, a black screen. I can hear the game music and the mouse cursor changes from the windows standard cursor to the SotA cursor.

I am running Windows 10, and Windows Defender is activated. The Firewall is enabled, but it is not blocking outbound connections.

Michael

Alley Oop likes this.
  7. Lexie

Okay, it's hard to do troubleshooting in a forum setting but we'll do our best :) One thing I forgot to mention is to right click on that .exe and select 'run as admin.' That black screen is a common symptom of it being a permissions issue...
    If that doesn't work:
    What kind of graphics card are we looking at here. Are they up to date?
    If that doesn't work:
    Any way you can try running it under another Windows user account to see if the behavior is the same?
    @mik

8. mik

mik Avatar

I tried all the suggestions without success
    - run as admin -> black screen
    - created a new windows user -> black screen

The graphics card is a NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1070, drivers are up to date - version 382.53

9. Lexie

Do you know if you are on Dx12?
    Have you ever gotten the game to work on this machine? Version 382.53 is just a few days old and bugs can happen with new driver updates. How long ago did you install that?
    You can always link your account to steam and launch through steam, but not you cannot UNLINK an account once made. (Meaning it will be tied to your steam account.)

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/?page_id=19#faq_1501

Did you get a new router or such recently, any changes? Maybe check these ports below?

Launcher:
    TCP 5074
    UDP 3544
    UDP 6881
    Game Service:

UDP 5054
    UDP 5055
    UDP 5056
    UDP 5057
    UDP 5058
    UDP 5059

@mik

10. mik

mik Avatar

Yes, I am on DX12. I installed the latest NVIDIA driver because of the black screen issue. Before I had version 381.65 installed.
    All the ports are open for outbound connections.
    The game did work on this machine before, although it has been a while.

Steam is not an option for me

Lexie likes this.
  11. Mischievous Dragon

Mischievous Dragon Riparian Reaper

@mik
    Things to try:
    - Uninstall the newest NVIDIA drivers and install a much older version of NVIDIA Drivers: NVIDIA Drivers 376.33 (December 14, 2016)

Last edited: Jun 17, 2017
  12. mik

mik Avatar

Sorry, for the late response.
    I installed the old NVIDIA driver, but that didn't change anything.

Then I did a complete reinstall of the game, and there I noticed that the Launcher that gets installed initially is working. Then after the update of the Launcher it is all black.

13. mik

mik Avatar

In the output_log.txt file in the Shroud of the Avatar - Launcher_Data directory are some error message.
    Here is the complete content of this file:

Initialize engine version: 5.5.3p2 (f15b2772e4d0)
    GfxDevice: creating device client; threaded=1
    Direct3D:
    Version: Direct3D 9.0c [nvldumd.dll 22.21.13.8253]
    Renderer: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070
    Vendor: NVIDIA
    VRAM: 3072 MB (via DXGI)
    Caps: Shader=30 DepthRT=1 NativeDepth=1 NativeShadow=1 DF16=0 INTZ=1 NULL=1 RESZ=0 SlowINTZ=0 ATOC=1 BC4=1 BC5=1
    Begin MonoManager ReloadAssembly
    Platform assembly: G:\Shroud of the Avatar\Shroud of the Avatar - Launcher_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.dll (this message is harmless)
    Loading G:\Shroud of the Avatar\Shroud of the Avatar - Launcher_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.dll into Unity Child Domain
    Platform assembly: G:\Shroud of the Avatar\Shroud of the Avatar - Launcher_Data\Managed\I18N.dll (this message is harmless)
    Platform assembly: G:\Shroud of the Avatar\Shroud of the Avatar - Launcher_Data\Managed\I18N.West.dll (this message is harmless)
    Platform assembly: G:\Shroud of the Avatar\Shroud of the Avatar - Launcher_Data\Managed\Assembly-CSharp.dll (this message is harmless)
    Loading G:\Shroud of the Avatar\Shroud of the Avatar - Launcher_Data\Managed\Assembly-CSharp.dll into Unity Child Domain
    Platform assembly: G:\Shroud of the Avatar\Shroud of the Avatar - Launcher_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.UI.dll (this message is harmless)
    Loading G:\Shroud of the Avatar\Shroud of the Avatar - Launcher_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.UI.dll into Unity Child Domain
    Platform assembly: G:\Shroud of the Avatar\Shroud of the Avatar - Launcher_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.Networking.dll (this message is harmless)
    Loading G:\Shroud of the Avatar\Shroud of the Avatar - Launcher_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.Networking.dll into Unity Child Domain
    Platform assembly: G:\Shroud of the Avatar\Shroud of the Avatar - Launcher_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.PlaymodeTestsRunner.dll (this message is harmless)
    Loading G:\Shroud of the Avatar\Shroud of the Avatar - Launcher_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.PlaymodeTestsRunner.dll into Unity Child Domain
    Platform assembly: G:\Shroud of the Avatar\Shroud of the Avatar - Launcher_Data\Managed\I18N.CJK.dll (this message is harmless)
    Loading G:\Shroud of the Avatar\Shroud of the Avatar - Launcher_Data\Managed\I18N.CJK.dll into Unity Child Domain
    Platform assembly: G:\Shroud of the Avatar\Shroud of the Avatar - Launcher_Data\Managed\I18N.dll (this message is harmless)
    Loading G:\Shroud of the Avatar\Shroud of the Avatar - Launcher_Data\Managed\I18N.dll into Unity Child Domain
    Platform assembly: G:\Shroud of the Avatar\Shroud of the Avatar - Launcher_Data\Managed\I18N.MidEast.dll (this message is harmless)
    Loading G:\Shroud of the Avatar\Shroud of the Avatar - Launcher_Data\Managed\I18N.MidEast.dll into Unity Child Domain
    Platform assembly: G:\Shroud of the Avatar\Shroud of the Avatar - Launcher_Data\Managed\I18N.Other.dll (this message is harmless)
    Loading G:\Shroud of the Avatar\Shroud of the Avatar - Launcher_Data\Managed\I18N.Other.dll into Unity Child Domain
    Platform assembly: G:\Shroud of the Avatar\Shroud of the Avatar - Launcher_Data\Managed\I18N.Rare.dll (this message is harmless)
    Loading G:\Shroud of the Avatar\Shroud of the Avatar - Launcher_Data\Managed\I18N.Rare.dll into Unity Child Domain
    Platform assembly: G:\Shroud of the Avatar\Shroud of the Avatar - Launcher_Data\Managed\I18N.West.dll (this message is harmless)
    Loading G:\Shroud of the Avatar\Shroud of the Avatar - Launcher_Data\Managed\I18N.West.dll into Unity Child Domain
    Platform assembly: G:\Shroud of the Avatar\Shroud of the Avatar - Launcher_Data\Managed\Ionic.Zip.dll (this message is harmless)
    Loading G:\Shroud of the Avatar\Shroud of the Avatar - Launcher_Data\Managed\Ionic.Zip.dll into Unity Child Domain
    Platform assembly: G:\Shroud of the Avatar\Shroud of the Avatar - Launcher_Data\Managed\Mono.Nat.dll (this message is harmless)
    Loading G:\Shroud of the Avatar\Shroud of the Avatar - Launcher_Data\Managed\Mono.Nat.dll into Unity Child Domain
    Platform assembly: G:\Shroud of the Avatar\Shroud of the Avatar - Launcher_Data\Managed\MonoTorrent.Dht.dll (this message is harmless)
    Loading G:\Shroud of the Avatar\Shroud of the Avatar - Launcher_Data\Managed\MonoTorrent.Dht.dll into Unity Child Domain
    Platform assembly: G:\Shroud of the Avatar\Shroud of the Avatar - Launcher_Data\Managed\MonoTorrent.dll (this message is harmless)
    Loading G:\Shroud of the Avatar\Shroud of the Avatar - Launcher_Data\Managed\MonoTorrent.dll into Unity Child Domain
    Platform assembly: G:\Shroud of the Avatar\Shroud of the Avatar - Launcher_Data\Managed\Photon3Unity3D.dll (this message is harmless)
    Loading G:\Shroud of the Avatar\Shroud of the Avatar - Launcher_Data\Managed\Photon3Unity3D.dll into Unity Child Domain
    - Completed reload, in 0.041 seconds
    Platform assembly: G:\Shroud of the Avatar\Shroud of the Avatar - Launcher_Data\Managed\System.Core.dll (this message is harmless)
    Platform assembly: G:\Shroud of the Avatar\Shroud of the Avatar - Launcher_Data\Managed\System.dll (this message is harmless)
    <RI> Initializing input.
    <RI> Input initialized.
    IndexOutOfRangeException: Array index is out of range.
    at UnityEngine.Display.RecreateDisplayList (System.IntPtr[] nativeDisplay) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: Line: -1)
    desktop: 3440x1440 60Hz; virtual: 3440x1440 at 0,0
    <RI> Initialized touch support.
    UnloadTime: 0.780007 ms
    PatchClient Awake, version: 111 settingsfile: Shroud of the Avatar - Launcher_Data/patchsettings.txt gameVersionfile: G:/Shroud of the Avatar/Shroud of the Avatar_Data/gameversion.txt

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/DebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 51)
    This is the patch client launched as: G:/Shroud of the Avatar/Shroud of the Avatar - Launcher_Data G:\Shroud of the Avatar\Shroud of the Avatar - Launcher.exe

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/DebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 51)
    Starting patch client update...

Platform assembly: G:\Shroud of the Avatar\Shroud of the Avatar - Launcher_Data\Managed\System.Configuration.dll (this message is harmless)
    Platform assembly: G:\Shroud of the Avatar\Shroud of the Avatar - Launcher_Data\Managed\System.Xml.dll (this message is harmless)
    SystemInfo, graphicsDeviceName=NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070, graphicsMemorySize=3072, operatingSystem=Windows 10 (10.0.0) 64bit, processorCount=8, processorType=Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700K CPU @ 4.00GHz, systemMemorySize=32707

SotA.EarlyAccess.Win.32.111.Date.06.29.17, LocalTime=6/29/2017 6:08:48 PM, Patch=questo-magnifico-kablamomo

SystemInfo, graphicsDeviceName=NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070, graphicsMemorySize=3072, operatingSystem=Windows 10 (10.0.0) 64bit, processorCount=8, processorType=Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700K CPU @ 4.00GHz, systemMemorySize=32707

Checking SotALauncher-PID file: G:\Shroud of the Avatar\SotALauncher.pid

Checking SotALauncher-PID file contents: 2984

Starting p2p engine...

Fallback handler could not load library G:/Shroud of the Avatar/Shroud of the Avatar - Launcher_Data/Mono/libc
    Fallback handler could not load library G:/Shroud of the Avatar/Shroud of the Avatar - Launcher_Data/Mono/.\libc
    Fallback handler could not load library G:/Shroud of the Avatar/Shroud of the Avatar - Launcher_Data/Mono/libc
    Platform assembly: G:\Shroud of the Avatar\Shroud of the Avatar - Launcher_Data\Managed\Mono.Security.dll (this message is harmless)
    GetLatestVersion=|111|111|https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/u...ndaloneWindowsPatcher&from=0&to=111sotaPatch|

PatchClientNeedsToUpdate? thisVersion=111 onlineVersion=111

GetLatestVersion=|616|616|https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/u...get=StandaloneWindows&from=0&to=616sotaPatch|

Start Got the settings and latest online version

NeedsToUpdate? thisVersion=0 onlineVersion=616

Start We need to update!

Checking SotA-PID file: G:\Shroud of the Avatar\SotA.pid

Checking for SotAProcess at path=G:/Shroud of the Avatar/SotAProcess.txt

Starting download of https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/u...rget=StandaloneWindows&from=0&to=616sotaPatch

Torrent Loaded, infohash: E6-19-50-40-BF-32-A3-F2-62-AC-37-B2-F6-38-78-83-39-A3-5E-C9
    Free Disk Space MB: 193402 and Free Space Req MB: 7769

Add torrent G:\Shroud of the Avatar/Downloads/StandaloneWindows_0_616.torrent

Torrent Loaded, infohash: E6-19-50-40-BF-32-A3-F2-62-AC-37-B2-F6-38-78-83-39-A3-5E-C9
    Starting torrent manager for StandaloneWindows_0_616.sotapatch

OldState: Stopped NewState: Hashing

Handle Error for message: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    at MonoTorrent.Dht.RoutingTable.Add (MonoTorrent.Dht.Node node, Boolean raiseNodeAdded) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at MonoTorrent.Dht.RoutingTable.Add (MonoTorrent.Dht.Node node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at MonoTorrent.Dht.MessageLoop.ReceiveMessage () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    Handle Error for message: System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary.
    at System.Collections.Generic.SortedDictionary`2[MonoTorrent.BEncoding.BEncodedString,MonoTorrent.BEncoding.BEncodedValue].get_Item (MonoTorrent.BEncoding.BEncodedString key) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at MonoTorrent.BEncoding.BEncodedDictionary.get_Item (MonoTorrent.BEncoding.BEncodedString key) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at MonoTorrent.Dht.Messages.GetPeersResponse.get_Token () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at MonoTorrent.Dht.Messages.GetPeersResponse.Handle (MonoTorrent.Dht.DhtEngine engine, MonoTorrent.Dht.Node node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at MonoTorrent.Dht.MessageLoop.ReceiveMessage () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    Handle Error for message: System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary.
    at System.Collections.Generic.SortedDictionary`2[MonoTorrent.BEncoding.BEncodedString,MonoTorrent.BEncoding.BEncodedValue].get_Item (MonoTorrent.BEncoding.BEncodedString key) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at MonoTorrent.BEncoding.BEncodedDictionary.get_Item (MonoTorrent.BEncoding.BEncodedString key) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at MonoTorrent.Dht.Messages.GetPeersResponse.get_Token () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at MonoTorrent.Dht.Messages.GetPeersResponse.Handle (MonoTorrent.Dht.DhtEngine engine, MonoTorrent.Dht.Node node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    Backup web seed added!

OldState: Hashing NewState: Downloading

HandleD3DDeviceLost
    HandleD3DDeviceLost: still lost
    Skipped rendering frame because GfxDevice is in invalid state (device lost)

(Filename: Line: 720)
    HandleD3DDeviceLost

HandleD3DDeviceLost

HandleD3DDeviceLost

HandleD3DDeviceLost

HandleD3DDeviceLost

HandleD3DDeviceLost

HandleD3DDeviceLost

HandleD3DDeviceLost
    HandleD3DDeviceLost: needs reset, doing it
    FullResetD3DDevice
    ResetD3DDevice
    dev->Reset
    D3Dwindow device not lost anymore

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.