Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Responded] Loading stuck @99% 98% (Equipping Avatar) post /bug info

Discussion in 'Critical Issues (Blockers, Performance, Crashes)' started by Hornpipe, Apr 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Beazlebob

Beazlebob Avatar

OK ... one thing that I have noticed is that it always crashes at a certain point.
    Normally on load in, there is a moment when at 98% the text at the bottom of the loading window is corrupted, and looks a little like Japanese characters.
    When load in freezes and fails it is just before or right at that point.

Last edited: May 18, 2018
  2. Phoenix007

Phoenix007 Avatar

I haven't this issue from last week and just after the today patch. I am blocked to 98%.

5/18/2018 11:12 PM
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4770K CPU @ 3.50GHz (8) System RAM: 16319
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 GPU RAM: 8079
    SotA.Win.64.777.Date.05.18.18
    Area: POT_forest_metropolis_01_template/Allaman
    Area Display Name: Allaman
    Loc: (202.7, 39.3, 127.8)
    Debug: UE9UX2ZvcmVzdF9tZXRyb3BvbGlzXzAxX3RlbXBsYXRlfEFsbGFtYW58KDIwMi42NzMsIDM5LjMyNiwgMTI3Ljc4MSl8KDAsIDAuNDU5LCAwLCAwLjg4OSl8NTQuNjE1NTZ8MTB8Mi41MTk3Mjg=

3. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

Go ahead and restart your PC. If it happens again, how did it occur? Was it teleporting to someone in a PoT (which PoT) were you logging in for the first time since patching - and what was the scene?

4. Phoenix007

Phoenix007 Avatar

Ok. I will restart the PC tomorrow and test. I will go to my bed soon :)
    Note: From Allaman to Owl's Head. I have tested 4 times and always blocked at 98%.
    After I go directly to the world map and I don't enter in Owl's head.

ADDED:
    - After reboot I don't have issue.

ADDED
    - after few day I continue to have this issue

Last edited: May 22, 2018
  5. Beazlebob

Beazlebob Avatar

I have been told that there has been a patch to fix this problem now.
    Running my game through steam, with patches automatically, so if their was a patch it happened overnight as I left my computer running, which I don't usually do.
    Guess what ... loaded in on the world map. ... Attempted to enter lake Cusibo, and what do you know. .... freezes at 98%
    In portalariums defence, I did not reboot my computer since the patch. not sure why that would be necessary, unless some aspects of the problem have not actually been fixed, but I will do so now and report back. .............. Wish me luck.

Surprise Surprise. done it again (98% equipping avatars).
    I suggest that the programmers need to ask, what exactly is the installation equipping at the 98% mark that might be such a problem, so they can address it.

So it works out that I can play a limited version of the game, if :
    I avoid trying to enter the more popular POT's. (I can get into any adventure zone.)
    Once over encumbered I can recall to my base to unload stuff, but suffer lag when first returning.
    I need to start on the world map when booting up the game.

Last edited: May 18, 2018
  6. Beazlebob

Beazlebob Avatar

Forgot to start on world map when I logged in. ..... and Woohoo! they must have fixed something. ........ Now it makes it to 99% before it freezes and crashes.

OK So now it is freezing at 99% even when I recall.
    One door opens .... another one shuts.

Last edited: May 19, 2018
  7. Cage Storm

Cage Storm Avatar

Twice today ( sat 19th ) during my 8 hour play session I got to 98% when entering a scene and froze.

8. StPhil

StPhil Avatar

Re-installed, tried today's patch. Same problem. Uninstalled. Will try once more next patch (unless Bless turns out to be fun).

9. Almar

Almar Avatar

That last patch has fixed the 98% bug - and the 'turning' bug - for me at least. And I was tortured with it, multiple crashes every time I tried to go to my house.

10. Worfgar

Worfgar Avatar

I'm still getting the 98% bug when zoning into Greymark Forest. Happened to me and a friend of mine.

11. Sirricont

Sirricont Avatar

Hey all, I'm new to the game and am having this problem at the Isle of Shadows--can't even begin the game because it gets stuck on Equipping Avatars at 98%. Tried last night and also this morning. Can anyone help?

12. Botocks

Botocks Avatar

I and 2 others of my guild are haaving problems entering Greymark Forest. Always the 98% thing.

And since Friday's patch unfortunately more problems occur for a wide range of guild members entering my Town of Ahnen Hain. Also the 98% Bug. Even with one guild member who had no problems before friday :(

13. Phoenix007

Phoenix007 Avatar

Finally the issue is not fixed. I have the issue less often but I have the issue.
    From Allaman to Owl's head.
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4770K CPU @ 3.50GHz (8) System RAM: 16319
    Area: POT_forest_metropolis_01_template/Allaman
    Area Display Name: Allaman
    Loc: (202.7, 39.3, 127.5)
    Debug: UE9UX2ZvcmVzdF9tZXRyb3BvbGlzXzAxX3RlbXBsYXRlfEFsbGFtYW58KDIwMi42OCwgMzkuMzI3LCAxMjcuNTE0KXwoMCwgMC40OTIsIDAsIDAuODcpfDU5LjMzMzQzfDEwfDkuNDIxMDc4

14. Powersurge

Powersurge Avatar

I didn't have the issue at ALL until Saturday 5/19. I have the same Geforce GTX 1080 Phoenix007 has....

Look if you don't get this issue rectified it really doesn't matter what "plans" you have for the future, because you are going to trash your player base. I have a buddy right now that wants to play, but this crash keeps him from doing so...too many more days of not being able to play your game means he will move on as NO OTHER GAME in our lineup has a problem like this...

ALL HANDS SHOULD BE ON DECK DAY AND NIGHT TRYING TO FIX THIS SO THAT YOU DO NOT SABOTAGE YOUR GAME! Get it done....call in whoever you need to or lose more of your player base...its that's simple.

15. Traveller13

Traveller13 Bug Hunter

I had this happen to me here a few minutes ago while trying to zone into to Owl's Head. The game hangs, so there is no /bug info possible when it happens. Here is the /bug info after logging back in.

5/21/2018 8:26 PM
    Title:
    Reproduction Rate:
    Blocker?
    Details:
    Steps to Reproduce:
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700K CPU @ 4.00GHz (8) System RAM: 32688
    Area: OwlsHead
    Area Display Name: Owl's Head
    Loc: (109.7, 63.7, -234.7)
    Debug: T3dsc0hlYWR8fCgxMDkuNzIzLCA2My43MTcsIC0yMzQuNzI0KXwoMCwgMC4yNTksIDAsIC0wLjk2Nil8MzI5Ljk4MjJ8MTB8NC40NDYxNzg=

Similar to the other occasions, the game hangs at 98%. When I log back in the game, my avatar appears in Owl's Head. This was after several hours spent in the Mysterious Swamp, then traveling overland to Owl's Head. No spells for me.

@Lexie , do you think posting the memory usage or other system info (CPU usage, GPU usage, GPU memory) prior to zoning would be helpful? This would be posted if the game hangs.

16. mystarr

mystarr Avatar

5/21/2018 9:21 PM
    Title: Stuck at 99% logging in to Jade Valley
    Reproduction Rate: rare
    Blocker? Yes
    Details: I logged into Jade Valley on my alt (merridan) and got stuck at 99%
    I eventually had to ctrl-alt-del to close the client
    Tried to login again and it worked fine.
    Steps to Reproduce:
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6600K CPU @ 3.50GHz (4) System RAM: 8116
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 GPU RAM: 4043
    Area: POT_forest_metropolis_01_template/Jade Valley
    Area Display Name: Jade Valley
    Loc: (109.8, 38.2, 199.6)
    Debug: UE9UX2ZvcmVzdF9tZXRyb3BvbGlzXzAxX3RlbXBsYXRlfEphZGUgVmFsbGV5fCgxMDkuODQ5LCAzOC4xODQsIDE5OS41NzkpfCgwLCAtMC43MjksIDAsIDAuNjg0KXwyNjYuMzUxOHwxMHwxNC45NzkxMw==

17. Mbiz

Mbiz Avatar

Same issue in Virtue Oasis

18. Traveller13

Traveller13 Bug Hunter

@Lexie , it happened again tonight-- so two for two since the patch. As I mentioned above, I took a snap shot of CPU and GPU info before closing SotA.

[​IMG]

19. Beazlebob

Beazlebob Avatar

The problem is obviously server side.
    My game was loading in fine yesterday for a change. ... no patches, no updates, no windows updates, no graphic card updates. ..... and now today it is crashing at 99% again.
    Fix your server software, and stop producing more useless game fluff.

FFS can't even recall into my base town now.

OK 24 hours later it's all working fine for some reason, ... for now anyway.

Oh you are kidding me! ... four hours later and it is crashing at 99% again.
    I guess this will be another crop I have planted that I wont be able to water.
    Finally got in after starting game on world map. then recalling.

8 hours later, loaded in fine.

4 hours and it crashes at 99% again.
    Loaded on world map.
    Then it crashes at 98% when trying to enter Lake Cusabo

24 hours later it failed when trying to load into town, and fails every time whether entering directly from the world map, or recalling.
    Hey but well, I can get onto the world map I guess, ...I shouldn't be so ungrateful.
    Not sure if there is anything else that I can try ..............................................
    ............. killed the game, reloaded it, and it loaded me in this time ...... bizarre!

Hey! 8 hours later, I log in and it crashes 4 times in a row trying to enter or recall to Knightmare Falls. Once again I have a crop growing, and if I can't get in in the next 4 hours, I lose half of the yield.
    My system (both hardware and software) meets all of the stated requirements. So why?
    OK now it is 5 crashes at 99% in a row.

Finally got in after entering through a siege.

Last edited: May 26, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.