Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Responded] Losing Water Special Skill when set to maintain

Discussion in 'Combat, Skills, & Magic' started by Weins201, Feb 26, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

No idea what is going on but this is the third time I am having to scroll thru and try ans set my Water Special to maintain and as soon as I go out to fight I lose a level.

2/26/2018 1:26 PM
    Title:
    Reproduction Rate:
    Blocker?
    Details:
    Steps to Reproduce:
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6820HK CPU @ 2.70GHz (8) System RAM: 32635
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980M GPU RAM: 8153
    SotA.EarlyAccess.LIVE.Win.64.736.Date.02.26.18
    Area: SiegeEncounter_Forest01_Road/POT_forest_metropolis_01a_template/Falling Waters Fortress
    Area Display Name: Forest Siege
    Loc: (99.9, 34.9, 88.9)
    Debug: U2llZ2VFbmNvdW50ZXJfRm9yZXN0MDFfUm9hZHxQT1RfZm9yZXN0X21ldHJvcG9saXNfMDFhX3RlbXBsYXRlL0ZhbGxpbmcgV2F0ZXJzIEZvcnRyZXNzfCg5OS44OTksIDM0Ljg5NSwgODguOTMzKXwoMCwgMC4zNzcsIDAsIDAuOTI2KXw1My4xODQ3OHwxNi4wMTM5NnwxOA==

Last edited: Feb 26, 2018
  2. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

4th time getting video uploaded not even going to play anymore until fixed

3. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

@Weins201
    In this video, I see you are putting several things to green arrow (learn). It is hard to tell what you have manually clicked on vs what it is doing automatically, so let's try this...
    Set both taming and water to maintain, back to back. Then go back and turn taming to learn (if that is what you are trying to learn). Then go back and LOOK to see if water is still at maintain. Flip back to taming and see that it is green arrow.
    I'm trying to figure out your goal, what you are trying to do here. At one point you turn ranged on as well :)

Are you trying to set taming to level and water to maintain and then everything else to unlearn?

Edit: Correct me where I am wrong, again it's hard to tell if you turned up ranged there or if it flipping to green on its own when you were simply viewing the tree.

4. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

@Lexie
    Ok I went out LOST my level in Water, went back and had to screw around with the goofy settings to get water to gain and heal maintain regained water then set it to maintain made sure water and tame where at maintain went out and lost a level in Water immediately.

Ranged is at lower when I go out and has no points in it.

I know what to do took me a lot of effort to do this 4 times now only to lose water again as soon as I attack.

I have NOTHIGN set to gain except summon Pet.

5. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

would you like me to log in a lost a level again when you can see it?

6. brogan

brogan Avatar

@Lexie
    I'm experiencing this issue too, with trying to set both Life Specialization and Ranged Specialization to maintain (with all others unlearning). When I attack a mob, Ranged Specialization is forced into unlearning and begins losing levels. I think the issue is something to do with two specializations being set to maintain. The order in which I set the two to maintain does not change the end result.

Weins201 likes this.
  7. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

8. Aiken Drum

Aiken Drum Avatar

Same thing happens to me. I set Ranged specialization to maintain, all other unlearning. Using literally any skill / glyph the ranged specialization become "unlearning", and i cannot do anything about it. Switching to learning = no problem, switching to maintain = again, every skill force it to unlearning

Weins201 likes this.
  9. brogan

brogan Avatar

Yeah, just now trying things I'm finding as long as it's set to maintained beforehand, my Ranged Specialization is forced to unlearning as soon as I do anything. At first I thought it was related to having 2 were set to maintain, but finding its specifically occurring with maintained Ranged Specialization for me.

10. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

@Lexie a lot more now,
    I am losing water every time with water and tame set to maintain

11. Grape-Ape

Grape-Ape Avatar

Same with Air and Focus specialization

12. Grape-Ape

Grape-Ape Avatar

The issue for me is that i cannot have any specialization skill set to maintain, using any game skill automatically changes their setting to lower... I can have one skill turned on, but zero skills set for maintain

Weins201 likes this.
  13. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

14. Aiken Drum

Aiken Drum Avatar

Same here.

15. Mazach

Mazach Avatar

The bug is caused because you could train multiple special skills up so more then 2. In fact all hehe so if you have 2 spcial skills on maintain and dont want to train them as soon as you klick a skill 1 of the 2 is set to unlearn. So maintaining 2 spcial skills is impossible now. Key is instruments still work and pulgism to you dont need any skills for that. Full slug deck and run when low hp )

16. Aiken Drum

Aiken Drum Avatar

I have all but one specialization skills set to unlearn, training just ranged. When i decided to stop training and gather some more xp, i simply could not set the only one im training to "maintain".

17. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

18. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

When reporting what was set to maintain, please state whether it was YOU that set it to maintain or if the system did. This is because we're also getting reports of people trying to set MORE than two to maintain manually, which wouldn't be a bug...

We have found two problems with setting learn and maintains. It's very scenario specific. It's easily repro'd if you have only two specs unlocked and are trying to level up the 2nd one (it can set the first and only other spec to unlearn...) Several of you mention that here. Another involves those who were learning more than one at once (but shouldn't have been, naughty) and the fix that was implemented on Friday.

Hang in there with us while we sort through this. For now, make sure you check all your skills if you change a spec learning status, so you don't have something set to 'unlearn' on accident.

19. Aiken Drum

Aiken Drum Avatar

I learned as many specialization skills i can, set all to untraining, start to train Ranged, after some level i decided to stop and set it to maintain but then happened what was reported before, any skill use force Ranged spec to unlearn too.

20. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

Ive learned several while auto attacking i turned the one I didnt want down when I turned the one I wanted up it changed the one I had on maintain down on its own.

Hope this helps, this thing bit me about 5 times so far.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.