Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Responded] Lost gold in a trade

Discussion in 'Release 42 Bug Forum' started by Bryweyh, Jun 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bryweyh

Bryweyh Avatar

I was trading 50 items and 4k out the 6k gold that I had on me...and before the trade window finalized (the cursive writiing at bottom of trade window when trade starts finalizing) I right-clicked Trade with the same person i was trading with to trade 50 more items...thats when I noticed I should have had 2k gold left over....the recipient didnt receive their 4k gold either and the 2k that i had left of was lost...even after logging out and back in... The 50 items traded successfully but that was all.

2. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

@Bryweyh - Thank you for reporting, but, I don't think this is a crafting/harvesting/salvage/agriculture type of bug and should be moved to the Items and Inventory forum.

However, it sounds to me like this is one that should be emailed to support@portalarium.com. Or perhaps @Attenwood could find out if the gold actually went to the other player or not?

3. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

As indicated above, please reach out to support@portalarium.com. Please include essential information including the name of the character you were trading from, the name of the character you were trading to, the specific time you believe the transaction happened, as well as any other specific items you traded to help us narrow down our search.

Thank you.

4. Bryweyh

Bryweyh Avatar

Sounds like too much work for 4k gold. I think I will just not worry about it. If you want to replicate it, by all means do so. I didn't intend to post this under this section, but my other bug was posted here which is in the right section. I have made multiple /bug reports in-game and it this particular bug was one of them so that being said, it should be taken care of, right?

5. Tazar

Tazar Avatar

The /bug in game is what creates the bug report here. The above request is for more information so that the Dev's can track down the specific situation in the logs to determine what happened and if a fix is needed. Please do provide additional information. Your name and the other trader's name can help them search in the logs... the specific time as well.

By tracking it all down, they can figure out what happened - and if it is a coding issue - fix it.

6. Bryweyh

Bryweyh Avatar

I wouldn't be able to tell you when it happened because I play too much lol but yea it was a transaction between my own characters and I have had about 1000+ trades between the same characters. I personally created this report, but does it actually create a topic here when you report it in game? I am confused. Whenever you report a bug in-game it opens the web browser and about 99.9% of the time i close the browser because old habits die hard when it comes to pop-ups..

Trade was between Notorious Murderer and Special Kay as for the time of day, I wouldn't know where to begin but the items traded were items to produce wood scrap such as bows and what have you.
    I apologize for being rude previously...

I think it is a timing issue where when I hit trade from right-clicking name while in party before the first trade graphically finalized.

7. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

First off, when you click the bug report icon in-game, all it does is copy information (location, computer specs, etc) to your computers clipboard and opens up a web browser to the current builds bug forums. From there, you need to create a new bug report thread (in the appropriate forum) and in the body you just paste in the clipboard info. The result will give you the proper bug report template with lines for all the info that would typically be needed.

So in the future, when you see the pop-up browser, please complete the process by starting a new bug report post. :D

Now, if you wanted to determine a date/time of this transaction, you could always look at your chatlogs and search for what was traded (ie. 4000 gold) or something more general (like completed a trade with xxxxx player). Each line of the chat log has a timestamp on it.

Lexie likes this.
  8. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

For anyone who may be concerned about this, there is a check in place that won't let players open up a trade with someone if they are already in another trade window. Definitely collect what you can on this and submit a customer support ticket. The more details, the better.

9. Bryweyh

Bryweyh Avatar

Sound great! I will check the chat logs and see what I find tonight. I feel like an idiot now because I didn't understand it correctly.

10. Bryweyh

Bryweyh Avatar

From what I found, made promptly after the bug however its not showing anthing from 12pm CST on 6/9/17 to 2amCST 6/10/17 where the trade would have shown up.

[6/10/2017 1:57:21 AM] 6/10/2017 1:57 AM
    Title:
    Reproduction Rate:
    Blocker?
    Details: so I traded 50 items and 5k gold and then i was going to trade more items and i hit trade before the first trade window disappeared...afterwards i lost 8k total and have 0 gold.
    Steps to Reproduce:
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700 CPU @ 3.40GHz (8) System RAM: 16332
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB GPU RAM: 6084
    SotA.EarlyAccess.LIVE.Win.64.614.Date.05.30.17
    Area: Novia_R3_City_Brittany
    Area Display Name: Central Brittany
    Loc: (385.8, 26.1, 311.7)

11. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

@Bryweyh Make sure you include that info in an email to support@portalarium.com, if you haven't submitted it already. You may have done this, but just to be clear I can't help further on the forums as it goes into account stuff. And that we keep off the forums :) I'm sorry if there were any misunderstandings on this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.