Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Responded] Mailbox with 13 items seems to be hung loading

Discussion in 'Items & Inventory' started by Waldo Ptolomy, Apr 28, 2018.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Waldo Ptolomy

Waldo Ptolomy Avatar

I have tried opening my mailbox in both the basement and the mailbox on my lot. It currently contains 13 messages. I have twice waited 5 minutes for it to open, and it still says loading and the messages are dimmed out, and not selectable. It is build 769 on a windows 10 system with a 1080Ti, 64 GB ram, I7-5960x.

Waldo Ptolomy

2. Waldo Ptolomy

Waldo Ptolomy Avatar

I tried it later after another login now it works, odd, I have seen a lot of these intermittent bugs that disappear after re-logging in on the last sets of builds

Waldo Ptolomy

3. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

With what you described, I think doing a clean re-install may be in order. I would attempt it if I were you. Especially if you are having problems with some of the basic functions in the game. I'd also reset the router and attempt to some basic troubleshooting with your internet. It is just a hunch that it may be a network problem, but we'd have to narrow it down first. This is definitely not a common problem :(

I also mention it because we had a few latency related bugs in some prior (but recent) builds that could only be fixed by relogging.

@bdonham

4. Waldo Ptolomy

Waldo Ptolomy Avatar

I did delete it from steam and reloaded the game. Also seemed to have to reboot the PC every day for the game to get more than 3 FPS. I have not seen it for 2 days. Even when that was going on I have plenty of resources available on the system. 64GB ram 1080TI 8 core 16 thread Intel processor. This release was the first time I had seen that specifically. So far I have not seen it re-occur.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.