Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Responded] Mining Gems Gives Low XP

Discussion in 'Combat, Skills, & Magic' started by Jaanelle DeJure, Dec 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jaanelle DeJure

Jaanelle DeJure Avatar

12/14/2017 7:42 PM
    Title: Mining Gems Gives Low XP
    Reproduction Rate: 100%
    Blocker? Mining gems yields an exceedingly low amount of crafting XP... like 100, even though it takes a similar amount of time to mine a gem as an ore node.

Most players do not mine gems because it is considered a waste of time, and better to get them from a troll. I'm reporting as a bug because I am questioning why the devs would have intentionally implemented a game mechanism that is useless.

Details:
    Steps to Reproduce:
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz (8) System RAM: 16274
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 GPU RAM: 6084
    SotA.EarlyAccess.LIVE.Win.64.709.Date.12.13.17

Last edited: Dec 15, 2017
  2. Jefe

Jefe Avatar

So misconception to note. Different difficulties of harvest do take different times. Currently down at the bottom floor of Eceter Crag. At my current speed it takes 6 mattock strikes to harvest a 93% ore node, 5 mattock strikes to harvest a large gem node and 4 mattock strikes to harvest a medium gem node. I do agree that gem nodes being 100 is a let down though.

Jaanelle DeJure likes this.
  3. Jaanelle DeJure

Jaanelle DeJure Avatar

Thanks for the correction... Sure then perhaps somewhere around 65-85% of the ore XP.

It would be nice to pair up with somebody in a mine... You take the ore, I'll take the gems.

4. Jefe

Jefe Avatar

No problem. With my regular group we had to divide floors due to harvest speed in olde Elysium. If two of us were working the same floor we'd easily outstrip the respawn rate.

5. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

Not really useless; certain color gems spawn in different scenes and if you are there mining already and need them for enchanting they can be good. They can be very abundant in certain areas...there is one underground passage I'm thinking of particular. Upping the XP could possibly be exploitable for crafting XP. There have been no code changes here. If it changed mysteriously, I could submit as a bug review. Trolls do drop them but you obviously don't have a choice in what kind you get. :)
    @Jaanelle DeJure

Jaanelle DeJure likes this.
  6. Jaanelle DeJure

Jaanelle DeJure Avatar

Thanks for the reply, @Lexie . If it is indeed intentional design, I will stop harassing you in the bug forums about it! :)

7. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

It's all good!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.