Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Responded] Multiplayer broken

Discussion in 'Multiplayer, Social, & Guilds' started by Mishikal, Oct 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

My wife and I are both in multiplayer mode, and in a group, and able to see each other. Then we both log off, with our avatars on the same property, in the same house (she is on the first floor, I'm on the top floor). About 30 minutes later, we both log in. After logging in, I left the house to go to another property in the same scene, then came back. I went to where my wife's avatar is standing, and I can't see her, and she cannot see me. I then left the scene (Celestis), and re-entered, then ran back to the property. At this point, we can both see each other, BUT I cannot see her nameplate. She can see both of our nameplates. So I'm not sure what happened. It was like we were in solo mode.

2. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

it is not uncommon to be in a different instance, ive had the same months back with 2 toons in brittany. while for the most part we should end in the same instance if it wasnt ready because you both tried to login at almost the same time it may have made 2 instances.

the name plate thing is a known issue and stems from r46

3. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

Thanks @liz_the_wiz. I guess I assumed the game only had a single instance for any given scene in multi-player mode.

4. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

so did I until it happened to me and lots of people went well you just ended up in another instance.. wtf? so how do release parties never mess up? anyway.. I think itsn generally "npc/combat" zones but maybe it does happen to others too its just not as common

Mishikal likes this.
  5. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

@Mishikal
    Make sure you are both playing on the same version of the game as well. She can check the yellow text at the top of the screen to see if the number matches yours.

6. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

Yes, we were both on the same patch version. I hit this issue again this weekend, but it was even worse... Even though we logged in at different times, we couldn't get into the same version of the scene for a few hours. It seemed related to the bug where the game thinks you're in a party when you aren't. She had logged out due to a bug (leaving the party). After she logged back in, we were in separate instances again. I left the scene and re-entered, and it didn't fix things. I finally had to "leave" the party we were no longer in, and then leave the scene, invite her back into a party, and re-enter the scene, before we could be in the same one again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.