Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Responded] Night is still too dark

Discussion in 'Release 44 Dev+ Bug Forum' started by amaasing, Jul 24, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. amaasing

amaasing Avatar

Was hoping this would be corrected / addressed in the last several releases but it hasn't so thought I would bring it up again. I have my settings moved to the highest level of brightness within the Video Options (that used to use quite a few releases ago) but I still can't see anything at night. Using a light source doesn't help enough to continue to adventure at night. And changing my PC video settings is not something we should have to do to play any game.

Lord Andernut and Mishikal like this.
  2. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

On the light source bit -- They've deliberately ruined it in R44 as a feature. It's "supposed" to be really dim and useless, so you have to use a torch, night vision, or other enchanted cloak, etc. See also https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...estions-brightness-increase-on-leveling.95561

3. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

ಠ_ಠ

Come on now...very briefly in R43 the light got borked but then we patched it to bring back the light spell back to the way it was pretty quick.
    OP doesn't seem to be talking about the light spell changes here but the brightness of the game in general.

@amaasing
    For now, turn off depth of field if you have it on (in game setting) and up the brightness in your game settings (not PC settings). You may find that to help. I don't have the best night vision myself so I do sympathize.

The brightness issue is an ongoing discussion within the community - and with us as well - but remember this is the bug forums for specific bug reports. Nothing has changed with lightness in this release that I am aware of just yet.

4. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

Yeah, I see that now (as far as light source vs spell). However, the lighting in the game (in general) has been badly broken on several different releases. It's an ongoing frustration. The changes to the light spell are just making things worse.

Lexie likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.