1. This forum is for bug reporting of current Live Game Server issues ONLY.
    Be sure to follow the format below, it will help us out greatly in responding. If you do not, your report may not be entered into the system.

Read BEFORE submitting your first bug: Reporting Bugsā€¦ QA 101 Document
    • Search for your bug in all likely categories before posting in order to avoid duplicate reports.
    • Be sure to provide details of what the issue is and how to re-produce it, but keep your bug report factual.
    • Only report oneissue per thread, additional issues may be ignored.
    • Do not add, include or modify the thread moderator tags in the title of the thread. (indicators in the [])
    • Reply to an existing thread if you have additional information for the reported bug.
      Do not use this forum for commentary, your post will be deleted and you may be moderated, suspended or banned if the activity continues.
    • There is no need to submit crash logs. Crash data we require is automatically logged.
    NOTE: Important information including your location and system specs are automatically put into your clipboard when using /bug in the game (DO NOT add additional system specs unless requested). When starting your post, just use <CTRL>-V to insert the data and fill in the entries with no data.

Please include Screenshots if possible. Images can be saved on our SotA Discord Server here

If the clipboard does not work, use and fill in this Bug Report Template:
    1. Title:
    2. Reproducible?
    3. Blocker?
    4. Details:
    5. Steps to Reproduce:
    6. User Specs: (RAM, CPU, GPU and Operating System only)
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Responded] Obsidian Item of Unlearning

Discussion in '*** Bug Report Archive (After R75) ***' started by Obsidian Shade, Apr 15, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Obsidian Shade

Obsidian Shade Avatar

bought and used two OIoU to lower bait recovery (done first) and Fishing (done second). Bait recovery immediately went to 1, but my fishing remained at 80, I didn't get any xp back, and it ate the scroll. I don't want to burn another scroll if it's bugged or not going to work. I've logged out and back in and nothing's changed.

2. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

you cannot drop fishing below what is required for skills below on it. bait recovery requires fishing to be 40, but fresh, salt, and fetid require fishing to be 80, so as long as you know fresh, salt, and/or fetid, you can't drop it below 80. if you know one or more of those three but they are low-level, you can right click them and forget the skill, which will drop it back to zero as if you'd never unlocked it. if they're higher level you'll have to spend some time or scrolls unlearning them first. if you learned lava that will be holding them at 80, too. i THINK the option to forget shows up once you get it down to 20. (you'll need to forget bait recovery, too.)

FrostII likes this.
  3. Ravalox

Ravalox Chief Cook and Bottle Washer Moderator SOTA Developer

@Obsidian Shade, please send an email to support@portalarium.com and let them know about what happened. They may be able to help you out.

I will enter an improvement request to advise the player of what the results will be before the change is applied. Thanks for the report!

FrostII likes this.
  4. Obsidian Shade

Obsidian Shade Avatar

I used the obsidian item of unlearning to drop bait recovery to 1, before I ever tried to unlearn the fishing skill. I have never activated/paid to learn, anything other than the main fishing skill and bait recovery. Therefore, when I tried to unlearn the main fishing skill, it should have dropped. It was at 80 and it's still at 80, and the item of unlearning is gone and I did not receive any of the pooled experience back.

5. Obsidian Shade

Obsidian Shade Avatar

Thanks Ravalox.

6. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

yes, but once it is at one, you have to right click it and "forget" to drop it to zero. it has to be zero to unlearn fishing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.