Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Responded] Resurrecting skeleton mages are back

Discussion in 'Combat, Skills, & Magic' started by jiirc, May 11, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jiirc

jiirc Avatar

5/11/2018 1:00 PM
    Title: Resurrecting skeleton mages are back (Lich mage too)
    Reproduction Rate: not quite 100%
    Blocker? No
    Details: I was in Deep Ravenswood fighting stuff and came across a Hardened Skeleton mage. Was I surprised when it res'ed itself. And the next one did as well. And the third did it three times. I'm not sure if this is a bug though, since they did that a long, long, long, long time ago. But I thought I'd bring it up just in case. [I had a lich mage do that to me as well.]
    Steps to Reproduce:
    - make sure you are melee (because the old system the mages didn't die when you killed them with magic)
    - head somewhere with Hardened skeletons, or maybe any skeletons
    - find some mages to be on
    - kill one, there is a chance it will res (the threshold isn't as high as I thought it was initially)
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU 661 @ 3.33GHz (4) System RAM: 12222
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 GPU RAM: 4053
    SotA.QA.Win.64.676.Date.05.11.18
    Area: HiddenVale_Forest02_Tier5
    Area Display Name: Deep Ravenswood
    Loc: (-111.3, 28.3, -101.5)
    Debug: SGlkZGVuVmFsZV9Gb3Jlc3QwMl9UaWVyNXx8KC0xMTEuMywgMjguMjUzLCAtMTAxLjQ4Nyl8KDAsIC0wLjEzMywgMCwgMC45OTEpfC03NC42NjcwNHw0OC42OTMwMXwxMS40MDA2Nw==

Last edited: May 11, 2018
  2. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

Well, skeletons are supposed to be able to rez one another. Was there a point where they were rezzing each other TOO much so it was toned down a bit. Is that what you are thinking of, maybe?
    But skeletons shouldn't be able to rez themselves, only each other. Was there another one nearby?
    And make sure you loot those...since they do have the ability to rez until you loot them, you need to loot in order to get the XP for killing them. Otherwise folks could get XP twice....
    @jiirc

3. jiirc

jiirc Avatar

I haven't seen an undead mage rez another undead in months and months (assuming only the mages have the power and not all skeletons). Now that might be because they aren't supposed to rez themselves. However, these skeletons have acquired the ability to to rez themselves. :) There weren't other mages, or other undead, around; but they came back to life. It's only the mages that I've seen this behavior occur. If they are in a group, they were the only mage and yet they jumped back up and started casting.

As far as looting the dead mages, they rez themselves right away. There isn't any time to loot them before they are up and trying to get their pound of fleah.

Last edited: May 11, 2018
  4. Brighton Rock

Brighton Rock Avatar

I have noticed several times that mages cast one last spell on me after i have killed them. Seems like killing them doesn't interrupt the spell they are casting at this moment.

Last edited: May 12, 2018
  5. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

i had a lich that rezzed itself!! wouldnt mind but it was nearly 1k hp and in a teir 2 (I think it was 2 it was that or 3) it was an encounter.

6. Lexie

I can't repro this on our dev server, but it is entirely possible this has changed once again as we are so early on in the QA process.

7. Lexie

I saw it on live (non-dev) in the same hunting area you were in just a few days ago :p But it wasn't weird, no self rezzes, like you are reporting...

Edit: I was also not looting them to increase my chances

8. jiirc

jiirc Avatar

It's quite possible that where I've been hunting undead on live (non-dev) haven't had the mages in the group of undead or, more than likely, I've just killed them first. In both cases I would not have seen the res Behavior.

Still doesn't explain them self res'ing on the QA server.

9. Chirp

Chirp Avatar

I can confirm: Skeleton mages do rez themselves!
    Happened just now inside E.Gap. It was the last of the three 'standard' skeletons there, so guaranteed no one else around.

He fell down, and immediately came back up. And did not bother to rez his fallen companion that fell some arrows before, and that i did not yet have the chance to loot. That one behaved well-dead and stayed low :)

5/19/2018 4:37 PM
    SotA.QA.Win.64.680.Date.05.15.18
    Area: Novia_R4_Desert01_EastreachGap
    Area Display Name: Eastreach Gap
    Loc: (-165.5, 129.6, -144.9)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjRfRGVzZXJ0MDFfRWFzdHJlYWNoR2FwfHwoLTE2NS41MzUsIDEyOS42MjMsIC0xNDQuODY0KXwoMCwgMC45MzYsIDAsIDAuMzUzKXw2MS42NTEyNHwyNS4zMjA5NHw3LjYwNjA1Nw==

10. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

still happening on 690

5/25/2018 3:49 AM
    Title:
    Reproduction Rate:
    Blocker?
    Details:
    Steps to Reproduce:
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4430 CPU @ 3.00GHz (4) System RAM: 15993
    GPU: GeForce GTX 970/PCIe/SSE2 GPU RAM: 4096
    SotA.QA.Linux.64.690.Date.05.24.18
    Area: RandomEncounter_Plains01_Road/Undead_HiddenVale
    Area Display Name: Plains Road Encounter
    Loc: (4.8, 32.2, -55.8)
    Debug: UmFuZG9tRW5jb3VudGVyX1BsYWluczAxX1JvYWR8VW5kZWFkX0hpZGRlblZhbGV8KDQuNzk3LCAzMi4yMjEsIC01NS43OTMpfCgwLCAwLjk5OSwgMCwgMC4wNDkpfC03OC43OTE5N3wyOC4zNDgwNXwxOA==

liz_the_wiz likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.