Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Responded] Shadow Form shares channel with move skills/Silent Movement doesnt?

Discussion in 'Combat, Skills, & Magic' started by mystarr, Feb 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mystarr

mystarr Avatar

1. Title: Shadow Form shares channel with move skills/Silent Movement doesn't?
    2. Reproduction Rate: 100%
    3. Blocker? No
    4. Details: Build 628
      This is another surely its a bug...????
      Shadow Form already requires reagents, has a shorter duration, and a smaller chance to successfully stealth (compared to Silent Movement which doesn't require reagents, last longer, and has a better chance to stealth at similar skill levels.)
      Now on top of all of this Shadow Form shares a channel with movement buffs so you can only have 1 movement buff + Shadow Form (vs Silent Movement which can be used with 2 movement buffs because it doesnt share the same channel...) Surely its a bug!?!?!?
    While I'm at it... no penalty to Silent Movement in full plate...??? REALLY??? (At least give the skill a fizzle chance or something :) )

Steps to Reproduce:
    1. User Specs:

Last edited: Feb 16, 2018
  2. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

Bug #: 51879 is for the duration, it's been bugged. I agree the two spells don't compare to each other very well.
    I'm not sure what you mean by channels. Like I can use shadow form with flurry and dash together while stealthed. This behavior appears to be the way it is on live?
    @mystarr

3. mystarr

mystarr Avatar

@Lexie In the last update Chris made a "channel" for all activated movement effects (Sprint, Dash, Fleet Flute, Wolf Speed Potion, etc) and then made it so only two of the effects in the "channel" could be active at one time. (This was to counteract excessive movement speed stacking.)

In this update he added the shadow form spell to that channel. So if I cast sprint, dash, and then cast shadow form it will overwrite the sprint and I will just be left with shadow form and dash. That's fair enough, you cant super buff your speed while hidden. However he did NOT add Move Silently to the channel. So I can still cast sprint, dash, and then use move silently and get the full benefit of sprint and dash. Surely this was an oversight?

Last edited: Feb 18, 2018
    Ferohir likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.