Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Responded] Solania Catacombs Deamon room

Discussion in 'World Building, Scenes, Environment, & Overworld' started by Elas TheWise, May 23, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elas TheWise

Elas TheWise Avatar

05/23/2019 09:29
    Title: Solania Catacombs Deamon room
    Reproduction Rate: 100%
    Blocker? no
    Details: The Daemon room was recently updated to having mob waves spawn. This loop was to help with increasing locations for Attenuation. Currently the Waves do not reset after killing the Daemon. This removes the usefulness of this room again. Currently if you leave the room after completion of the Daemon kill the door closes and locks. The key will not open the door so you can not repeat the run this way.

Steps to Reproduce: Enter the Daemon room and complete the waves then wait for the reset that no longer comes. Then exit room and check the door. Note: you will need two keys to test this.

User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5820K CPU @ 3.30GHz (12) System RAM: 32668
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti GPU RAM: 11132
    SotA.QA.Win.64.831.Date.05.22.19
    Area: Solania Catacombs
    Area Display Name: Solania Catacombs
    Loc: (61.6, 5.0, -55.9)
    Debug: U29sYW5pYSBDYXRhY29tYnN8fCg2MS41NjUsIDUuMDAxLCAtNTUuODkzKXwoMCwgLTAuNzIxLCAwLCAtMC42OTMpfDkyLjIwMzc1fDExLjY0NTkzfDMuOTk3MjM3

2. jiirc

jiirc Avatar

What you are describing is the current design for the room. The current design is that you get the key, enter the room, kill the demon. You now have to leave the room and get another key to fight it again. This was looked into by Chris during one of his recent streams and he confirmed this design as being current.

3. Warrior B'Patrick

Warrior B'Patrick Avatar

This should be changed to the Key Breaks in the lock.

4. Lord Subtleton

Lord Subtleton Developer Emeritus

The current behavior as stated is correct. (The encounter does indeed reset, but you need a key.) If you still feel that things should work differently, please consider adding your comments to the feedback section of the forum.

Jaesun likes this.
  5. Elas TheWise

Elas TheWise Avatar

Please fully read the note and then test. The key does not reopen the door after it closes.

6. jiirc

jiirc Avatar

Is that a newly found key or the same key? Did you have two keys on you when you start d the quest. Your steps are unclear as to whether you used a second key, had a second key during the first fight, or you completed the fight, left, looted a second key, tried the second key and couldn’t get back in or didn’t get the spawn. Did you drop the first key before trying to get into the room the second time?

7. Elas TheWise

Elas TheWise Avatar

It can not be the same key as it is destroyed when you open the door. Sorry I was unclear in the note but I had more then one key on me before starting the test.

8. Elas TheWise

Elas TheWise Avatar

With more testing I figured out that the door has a timer on it. 2.5 min. The key will not work until the timer runs out then you can go in again. I did find a new costly bug. I died in the room and the door closed. No res point so big armor hit and my artifacts took a real beating. I will test more later today

9. Elnoth

Elnoth Avatar

I feel it should work differently.

I went there with a guild run when it didn'r respawn the 'cycle' and we thought it was broken.

If what you need to do is not intuitive then it should be changed. We play in a game where everything from creatures to resources respawns and people farm those respawns. What is the purpose of making this one more complex with a step inbetween?

Girlsname likes this.
  10. Ryodin Stormwind

Ryodin Stormwind Avatar

I unlocked the door, and started buffing...got a little distracted. Needless to say, the door closed on me and reset before I ever entered. Wasn't expecting that - seems like the reset timer shouldn't start until you actually enter the room?

Not sure how you got two keys because I wasn't seemingly able to farm multiple keys.

Girlsname likes this.
  11. Girlsname

Girlsname Avatar

The elves in the zone have a chance to drop a key as well, but it’s low %.

There should always be 1 key that spawns in the scene; there’s 3 location it can spawn in from what I’ve found.

So technically you could get 2+ keys from the zone, (1 from the environment and +any random drops from elves)

— honestly not a fan with the new mechanic, literally gating content; obviously it’s a lucrative scene, but make the demon random % chance to spawn, or randomize all the waves: (enjoyed that the scene was an upgrade from the typical, “UPPER TEARZ”)

- Just needed to get it off mah chest.

Last edited: May 28, 2019
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.