Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Responded] Startup Graphic Display Issue

Discussion in 'Release 45 Bug Forum' started by Xanuri, Sep 2, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xanuri

Xanuri Avatar

9/2/2017 8:52 PM
    Title: Startup Graphic Display Issue
    Reproduction Rate: 100%
    Blocker?
    No
    Details: Everytime I launch the game it starts up in MAx Resolution for both of my Monitors vs. full screen for my Primary Monitor, this is very annoying as I have to change my graphic settings in the Video Options to 1920 x 1080, 60Hz from the starting settings of 3840 x 2160, 60Hz. This is not a version specific issue it has done this as long as I have been playing the game.
    Steps to Reproduce: Launch the Game
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5820K CPU @ 3.30GHz (12) System RAM: 16306
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 GPU RAM: 4058
    SotA.EarlyAccess.LIVE.Win.64.656.Date.09.01.17
    Area
    : POT_forest_metropolis_01b_template/Insulam de Nocte
    Area Display Name: Insulam de Nocte
    Loc: (73.5, 38.0, 182.9)
    Debug: UE9UX2ZvcmVzdF9tZXRyb3BvbGlzXzAxYl90ZW1wbGF0ZXxJbnN1bGFtIGRlIE5vY3RlfCg3My41MzksIDM3Ljk5OSwgMTgyLjkxMil8KDAsIDAuNTIyLCAwLCAwLjg1Myl8NDIzLjE3OTJ8NC45ODEyNjJ8NC43MjI3NzU=

2. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

@Xanuri
    When you say both your monitors, the game is showing up max in both your monitors at the same time? So it thinks it is a super large screen together, giving you the 3840 x 2160?
    Do you have full screen checkmarked in the video settings? What's the size of both monitors?
    Our builds are not completely different from each other so I'm trying to figure out what may be different.

Your Nvidia control panel, have you changed any settings there that may make the game try to use both screens to play the game at once?

3. Xanuri

Xanuri Avatar

I have 2 24" Wide Screens, the game loads and is "stretched" across both monitors and auto selected to 3840 x 2160. I have to go to Video and change the drop down to 1920 x 1080
    No, I do not have full screen checked.
    Each monitor is capable of 1920 x 1080 which is what both are set to in Windows.
    No, I do not tinker with the Nvidia default settings.

Additional Info:

I linked my account to Steam and installed the game from steam, the issue does NOT exist in the Steam version of the game.

I will be glad to continue to troubleshoot with you however, because I am not really a big fan of using Steam when possible.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2017
  4. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

@Xanuri
    So it's just for the sota launcher installation? Very strange! Curious if you have tried a full uninstall and reinstall from where that game version is installed.
    In the settings of the sota launcher there is a cog - curious to know if 'enable borderless window mode' is checked or not.
    It's a shot in the dark I admit - I''m not able to repro this on two different machines, and both have a steam version and a non-steam version installed.

5. Xanuri

Xanuri Avatar

Yes only for the SotA launcher installation. I have not tried an full uninstall/reinstall, I can do that for you though and let you know.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.