Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Responded] Still getting stopped from jumping when you run into a obstacle like a rock.

Discussion in 'Player Characters, Animations, & Emotes' started by Athanil, Apr 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Athanil

Athanil Avatar

18-4-2018 21:24
    Title: Still getting stopped from jumping when you run into a obstacle like a rock.

Reproduction Rate: If you find the right obstacle.

Blocker? No

Details: When running forward and jumping on something (or over it) you sometimes will not jump at all no matter how much you try. Seems forward jumping still has it's issues.

Steps to Reproduce: Find obstacles and run into them and try to jump.

User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4440 CPU @ 3.10GHz (4) System RAM: 16256
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 GPU RAM: 1998
    SotA.QA.Win.64.664.Date.04.17.18
    Area: Novia_R9_Forest02_03
    Area Display Name: Ulfheim
    Loc: (96,5, 32,7, 142,4)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjlfRm9yZXN0MDJfMDN8fCg5Ni40NzEsIDMyLjY3NSwgMTQyLjQyKXwoMCwgLTAuNjEyLCAwLCAwLjc5MSl8LTc5NS4yNjc1fDMxLjkyNzQ3fDkuNjk0Mjk1

2. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

I'm not sure what you mean. Currently we all jump on button release. I think this throws some players off sometimes (no pun intended). No changes to jumping have been introduced to R53. I think what you are looking for is an improvement and recommendations to changing the current jumping system.
    @Athanil

3. Athanil

Athanil Avatar

Try running into something and then jump. At times jump will not respond. Try it with rocks and blocks for example. Just keep pressing the forward button while trying to jump. It's as if you get stuck against a obstacle which causes jump not to function.

4. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

So I was looking at a JIRA that was closed as a non-actionable item (as if it was not for this release) but I think in reality it was a duplicate JIRA. I went back and dug around a bit further. I guess I'm just not on my A game today. Allow me to correct myself here:

Go into your settings and make sure you uncheck Use Charged Jump. If it is checked, you are still on legacy settings. This style may be more to your liking.

@Athanil

Rentier likes this.
  5. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

Is this option new in R-53? There is no option as far as I can see in R-52.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.