Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Responded] Tenebris Harbor: Chest Mimic spawned, can't do damage

Discussion in 'Combat, Skills, & Magic' started by jiirc, Apr 25, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jiirc

jiirc Avatar

4/25/2018 9:00 AM
    Title: Tenebris Harbor: Chest Mimic spawned, can't do damage
    Reproduction Rate: No repro case found
    Blocker? No
    Details: I tried to open the chest at the location above, not the locked one but the other one in the room. A chest mimic spawned. I was able to attack it, but couldn't do damage. The chat log said that the mimic was out of range, but I was able to target it, auto attack it, etc. The mimic moved around the room but didn't attack me. There were other mobs in the same area, aroundt the Fishing shop, that had the same problem, I logged and came back in right away and things were fine, I could attack the mobs and I could attack the mimic. It seems like my position wasn't recording properly, my guess. I'm not sure what else might have caused my to get out of sync. I used the elevator to get into this area, but I might have been out-of-sync even before that. I might have been out-of-sync when I loaded, with relation to the mobs. There were mobs that I could walk right up to. But others that I could attack normally. Doing more testing.
    Steps to Reproduce:
    - Head to the location listed.
    - There are two chests in the room: one is locked, the other appears as if it can be opened.
    - Try to open the chest
    - a mimic spawns
    - you can autoattack the mimic, but can't do damage (out of reach)
    - stop attacking, the mimic moves about the room or may stop moving. it doesn't attack you
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU 661 @ 3.33GHz (4) System RAM: 12222
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 GPU RAM: 4053
    SotA.QA.Win.64.672.Date.04.24.18
    Area: Novia_R6_Forest02_01
    Area Display Name: Tenebris Harbor
    Loc: (-48.2, 50.5, -37.1)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjZfRm9yZXN0MDJfMDF8fCgtNDguMjEyLCA1MC40ODIsIC0zNy4wOTQpfCgwLCAwLjAxMiwgMCwgMSl8LTIxNTQuNDcxfDMxLjc3Nzk0fDEzLjA4Mjgz

Last edited: Apr 25, 2018
  2. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

So in 673 this is now appearing as a normal chest. Interesting. So something changed here. If you get any more out of reach damage issues, let us know what you using to fight with as well. Thanks so much.
    @jiirc

3. jiirc

jiirc Avatar

I haven't gotten any more of the out of range issues and I spent about another hour there after logging and coming back in. I was fighting with a 2hand sword.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.