Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Responded] unarmed combat vs. pugilism

Discussion in 'Items & Inventory' started by Talimar, May 11, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Talimar

Talimar Avatar

Ankh of Sacrifice damage: 2-6
    category: unarmed

So, testing a GM pugilism vs. unarmed weapon category.

Essentially, my damage is 4-6 with ankh of sacrifice vs. pugilism with is 8-15. (with only changing the ankh out.)

Is it intentional that an unarmed categorized item is not the same as a puglist skill-set?

*I ask mostly in regards to min-maxing stats for damage bonuses. Using mage weapons vs. simply pugilsm, and the like while in plate, to minimize the fizzle. You'll do better with a staff then with pugilism as the staff fizzle bonuses will greatly exceed the lack of not having an item equipped.

2. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

The key to pugilsm is that you have to be bare fisted. While considered unarmed, you can technically use the ankh as a melee weapon as it does have damage stats listed. I'm not sure I'd go down that route of using it in that manner, though :)
    I see your point. But I do think pugilism is VERY situational and was more driven by player demand, not so much that it was meant to compete with things like staffs.
    @Talimar

3. Talimar

Talimar Avatar

Thanks. for the clarification. I"m only currently disappointed in building 'puglisism' build in regards to lost stats in the main hand slot. (would prefer a dual wield). It's a common theme along alot of monk-type builds.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.