Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Responded] Unworking UI

Discussion in 'Release 42 Bug Forum' started by Kvalme, May 31, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kvalme

Kvalme Avatar

1. Title: Unworking UI
    2. Reproduction Rate: 100%
    3. Blocker? Yes
    4. Details: Game starts, but UI don't react to mouse at all. I can pass to main menu (by pressing enter on splash and on notice screens), can call settings (by pressing esc) and exit game (alt-f4 and then tab-enter). Any clicks on any UI elements do nothing. All was working fine in R40 and R41
    5. Steps to Reproduce: Just run game from steam in fullscreen mode (also reproduces with clean install from SotA launcher)
    6. User Specs:
      • Kubuntu 17.04 (reproduces with both - compositing turned on and off)
      • Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3820 CPU @ 3.60GHz
      • NVidia GTX780 (driver version 381.22)
      • 16 Gb RAM

Last edited: May 31, 2017
  2. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

I believe you may be seeing this as it you are on linux. But, others have reported it is now fixed. Let's see if this works. From another thread:

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...ng-with-login-screen-linux.90531/#post-816556

I'm stealing the wise words of the great Alley Oop:
    "i've found that it IS working, just not in the right place. for instance, the activation area for the play button is about an inch below the play button. resizing the window forces it to recalculate correctly."

From our own Undone:

A recent unity3d bug was introduced where if you are using a non-unity user interface (KDE, Gnome, Xfce, Cinnamon, etc) and start the game in full screen mode you may not be able to click on anything. This obviously causes problems preventing you from playing the game. If you are encountering this issue the current workaround is:
    • Edit ~/.config/unity3d/Portalarium/Shroud of the Avatar/prefs and change the game to not start in full screen mode:
    Code:
    <pref name="Screenmanager Is Fullscreen mode" type="int">0</pref>
    • Open your client
    • Switch back to full screen Options --> Video --> Full Screen

Alley Oop likes this.
  3. Kvalme

Kvalme Avatar

Thanks! That helps.

Lexie likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.