Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Responded] Using Blacksmith Repair Skill In Brittany only repairs base 40, always.

Discussion in 'Release 42 Bug Forum' started by Trihugger, May 31, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trihugger

Trihugger Avatar

Title: Blacksmith repair at a forge will only repair 40 durability max in Brittany Estates and the PRT New Brittany Market (haven't tried the other areas)

Reproduction Rate: 100%

Blocker? n/a

Details: I can repair all my gear in The Hidden Vale's areas no problem, but if I try in New Brit Market or Brit Estates I will only repair the base 40 durability.

Steps to Reproduce: Repair something at a forge while having adequate repair skill and you will still only repair 40 durability in Brittany areas. Tried at both a +5 forge and the base forge, same results.

User Specs: 64 bit Windows 10 Game version 614

2. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

@Trihugger - Thank you for reporting. If I'm understanding you correctly, you are saying you get a better repair result when using forges in the Hidden Vale than you are from Forges in Novia (at least the couple that you tested)?

If so, this is an interesting find and one that needs investigating by the Devs.

3. Trihugger

Trihugger Avatar

@Daxxe Diggler Yes that is exactly correct. Repairing at a Brittany area forge I basically get the same repair value as if I just repaired using the kit alone. However, in the hidden vale (the only other place I've tested this) I can consistently see that my repair skill in blacksmithing is actually doing something repairing far more than the base 40 that a kit would do alone.

4. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

OK, thanks for clarifying. I'll go ahead and record this one for review by the Dev Team.

5. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

After recording this bug for review, I went and did some testing of this on my own.

Now, granted I did these tests in SP Offline mode, with an avatar that has 200 in all the crafting skills... but these were my findings:

1. Looted 2 Longswords from mobs that both had 45/100 durability.
    2. Went to the crafting pavillion in Owls' Head, purchased some repair kits.
    3. Saved the game to have a re-load point (this way I can re-test the same thing over and over without having to go get more items to repair)
    4. Put the Longsword and a stack of 20 Blacksmithing Repair Kits on the BS Table. (This was just a basic station, not expert).
    5. Repaired the Longsword for 50 Points so now it was 95/100 durability. (This was more than the base 40 so no further tests needed here, but I had a second Longsword on me and tried that one too.)
    6. Repaired the second one for only 40 points, so that one went from 45/100 to 85/100.
    7. Exited to Menu, Loaded saved game

8. Traveled to Central Brittany and went to the crafting pavillion near the docks.
    9. Saved my game again in front of the BS Station.
    10. Put the Longsword and a stack of 20 Blacksmithing Repair Kits on the BS Table (again, this is a basic, not expert station).
    11. Repaired the Longsword for only 40 points. Put the other Longsword on the table with 19 repair kits, again only 40 points of repair so your bug seemed legit.
    12. Exited to menu, Loaded the saved game, and went back in to try again.
    13. First attempt I got 55 points of repair, so the Longsword went from 45/100 to 100/100 in a single repair. (This was more than the first one I did in Owl's Head.)

Therefore, I'm going to say that you probably just had a bad string of RNG giving you the 40 point repairs in Brittany. Although my repair skills were much higher than yours, I was able to get more than the base 40 you were getting... so it does count the skill value into the repair calculation.

I made notes of this on the spreadsheet and my guess is it's working as intended.

Lexie likes this.
  6. Trihugger

Trihugger Avatar

@Daxxe Diggler Thanks Daxxe. I'll chalk this up to another poorly explained system. My impression (and I guess my RNG out at @ Owl's Head) was that the repair skill ALWAYS worked, which is basically in line with what the hints/tips/skill itself seem to stipulate.

7. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

Personally, I don't think there should be any RNG involved with repairing an item... it should repair xxx amount per kit, and then your repair skill should modify that base amount by a certain fixed amount or percentage (can go up with a high skill, or down with a low/no skill). But the same person using the same repair kit on the same item should not have a randomness attached to it at all. That's just my opinion though.

Alley Oop likes this.
  8. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

@Daxxe Diggler
    Have I told you how much you rock lately? Because guess what? You rock.
    Thanks so much for taking the time to do that.

Daxxe Diggler likes this.
  9. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

I like to help squash bugs. That's why I joined the Bug Brigade! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.