Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Responded] with no alternate characters, there is no way to delete my character and start over

Discussion in 'User Interface (Including Launcher)' started by Kelly O'Shay, Mar 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kelly O'Shay

Kelly O'Shay Avatar

I was so excited to make my two alternate characters on my main account that I was neglecting my alternate account. This account was recently purchased, so had no alternate character options. Since I was in QA I decided to delete that guy and make a new one on the alternate account with only the one character slot.

But, I tried all of the login options and cannot find any way to delete my avatar and remake the avatar starting from level 1.

Perhaps I am not finding the right path, please inform me how to delete the main character from a relatively new account and remake him or her.

Or, if there is not a path to do this, please fix it. Or put it in the release notes that you are not allowing this.

2. Kelly O'Shay

Kelly O'Shay Avatar

I finally decided to log entirely out of QA and try again.

This time, when I got back to the login main menu and entered password, I went to this screen, which does have the delete character option available.

What I am thinking now is, when I have been logged in on the other account and back out, I never can get to this screen no matter which options I select other than logging completely out of the QA patch client and back in with the other account.

[​IMG]

3. Rentier

Rentier Avatar

@Kelly O'Shay it is a known issue that some things are not Accountspecific and placed in game temporary files
    if you logout and login with another account without closing the client you still have those temporary gamefiles from the old used account like which you see

Only closing the client resets all Accountspecifics temporary gamefiles

That also makes it difficult to play steamversion and standalone version at the same time since both use the same temporary game files (althogh they are installed in other locations, but the runtime-location seems to be the same for both :( )

4. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

@Kelly O'Shay
    Well, I'm confused. I switch between accounts and delete characters all the time :) QA, Live, and Dev.
    When I log in I get that screen you screenshotted. I tried to repro based on your report, but could not. I logged into my other account first, then backed out.
    Now if I log into the account and log out before the 20 second timer is done I won't see the correct screen until my character is completely out of the game, but I don't think that is what you are reporting here.

Drake Aedus likes this.
  5. Drake Aedus

Drake Aedus Avatar

That screen is only shown if you are logged all the way out. You can accomplish that by waiting the 20 seconds in game, or letting the game menu sit for the required amount of time after hitting "leave now".

There is no indication on the middle screen (I think that's the "resume / log out" screen) that you need to wait to get the menu.

6. Kelly O'Shay

Kelly O'Shay Avatar

I was probably being impatient that day. I did find the log out and delete char for qa. Thanks for all of your help everyone.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.