restrict pvp to similar leveled people

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by The Hendoman, Oct 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bloodluv

bloodluv Avatar

lol nice troll post OP

Time Lord likes this.
  2. Sixclicks

Sixclicks Avatar

Loss of gear is the main reason I don't do PvP. Not everyone returns people's gear, and I'm not looking to lose weeks worth of work over one fight or pay a hefty price in gold not to. I had a friendly duel with a guild member. It gave me his +8 Greataxe of Theurgy (I gave it back of course). It wanted him to pay 1500 gold to get it back. That's just way too much imo, and just isn't worth it to me to bother with PvP.

3. The Hendoman

The Hendoman Avatar

oh? why you feedin' me then? :)

not trolling, legit question, you are the first to claim I am trolling. out of 479 liked posts. Con _ _ _ _ ulations

THE HENDOMAN

4. bloodluv

bloodluv Avatar

you are the first ive claimed to be trolling, out of 39 posts. Con _ _ _ _ ulations

Time Lord likes this.
  5. Audacity

Audacity Avatar

I want to fight people higher level than me.

[​IMG]

6. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

I am still missing the proof for that.
    That's just an old uo careb*** biting reflex argument you have got there.
    Griefers gonna grief one way or another, doesn't matter the systems in place. And I would say we have far less of them than the average multiplayer game.

7. The Hendoman

The Hendoman Avatar

oh. Glad to be first, I guess.
    [​IMG]

THE HENDOMAN

8. zeme

zeme Avatar

PvP is meant to be lawless and brutal, if you're not into it you can always watch from the sidelines and craft us goodies :D

Demoyn and Time Lord like this.
  9. jammaplaya

jammaplaya Avatar

but there are no levels ;\)

Time Lord likes this.
  10. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

~The Changing Fires of Our PvP Hell~
    I'm going to go out on a limb here and make some comments of what I think may happen around here, why they may or may not happen and how things could happen given the right wind that blows because blowing seems to be the only way the weather ever changes around here o_O it you know what I mean :cool:.... Deals with the devil around here are always different now, because the devil has changed so much and our PvP hell has changed as well...
    [​IMG] I'll try and keep this short because most all PvP threads will get shut down because of the nature "within" the subject which is always an element that's needed for any good mayhem to flourish. PvP by nature brings the style of the thick skinned into the thin skinned world of our discussion's forum. Our average age of player around here were in their lower to mid 40's;
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...yones-age-group-the-majority-rules-game.9171/
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...hic-of-average-forum-user.43163/#post-479411/
    I believe those age average numbers decreasing because the fast, the swift and the world of ADD computerized 3-4-5th generation of game player is coming who are targeted by our game, yet most have kids and jobs that occupy a much more cluttered world within their work's time. These are many of the fist shooter game types who's father or grandfather played Doom. They are unafraid of the full PvP environment, but in a Lord British world, craftsmen and families are needed as well. We are all craftsman in a way here, yet the craftsman which are first needed in a world like this are "the nice types" because there's more of them and older folks have all the money to get things started. This is because everything needs testing and full PvP world doesn't bring in mom and dad so much as a totally safe zone dose.

We all know that our PvP suffers from not having enough players to make it as significant as we'd like it to be, "for whatever reasons it is in it's current condition". Even if we were to have everything we wanted right now, there's just not enough people, yet with enough people it them becomes a place where any lower skilled Avatar can have some challenge to their game. We almost have a truly contradictory mix of PvP players right now. Most that are participating in our game have achieved skill and therefore now dominate the field. But this is a field of few players in it, which causes the old ways of slaughter to apply and can be an overwhelming world of humility for any other new Avatars that enter into it, "especially for the soloist".

We lack areas as well, yet this is because such future areas have little demand and it's not a matter of "build it and they will come", because that's placing funding ahead of profits which is not a good investment for any company wishing to grow all by crowd-funding.

I believe there are PvP free will and possibly full loot areas that may be on the books when there is enough players to cause it to become financially viable to open them. We may first see a faction system in the planning, yet that deals with the entire map, while a full loot situation may become seen on the planets. We may even see planetary warfare opportunities come available. All those here that remember UO and Trammel, "this is a Trammel style operation done in reverse because we have a Trammel and we are in need of a Felucca".

Many of our PvP types of players have taken a look at SOTA and made a U-turn out because of what they've seen or have placed their accounts into hibernation waiting to see what comes next when things get really rolling around here. Things right now are a construction zone and will remain like that possibly for some time to come.

The only way we are ever going to change the above is by either recruiting patient PvP players into actually playing SOTA on a regular basis, or by creating more PvP players from what we have, or by encouraging, enticing or compelling those that enter into our game to try more of it which would then become a part of what they find as fun around here to do.

Yet the largest problem we have within our PvP community and those waiting to rez their accounts are all ego driven players, because PvP by it's nature is an ego driven enjoyment. Yet these stumbling blocks re the most difficult blacks to remove or combine because of their wishes to gain more power for themselves because PvO is an ego driven environment. I've got PvP players right now shooting themselves in their own PvP foot by opposing a PvP (pseudo camp) Quest team to enable them to have more PvP players in the game because they see "me" as a threat to their influence because anything any "me" can do is immediately met by an opposing ego which is the whole "me vs you" nature of PvP :confused:... it's a vicious circle, yet one that I believe we can win once any "they" find in reality that any "me" must bow-out of any power within any PvP to be able to do so and this can only be proven by dispelling their fears by "our" actions taken together.

That's our currently available program which was designed to attack this problem and home grow our new PvP players by all working together;

[​IMG] [​IMG] https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...ellowship-has-arrived-in-new-britannia.59144/

But such a program as this fails at it's topside if those egos of PvP don't wish to work together for the sake of the whole. Luck for us though, that within that program's support are the nastiest, meanest and toughest PvP fighters that have ever lived in our game. Big Daddies are waiting for this little pet project to grow and will be there all the way with it supporting it with undying loyalty to the cause. It wasn't easy getting all those nasty, dirty as well as shining paladins of power all together in support, yet they are... and all the other egos will either need to join in support or feel foolish where they are "if" and when it becomes empowered to do the voodoo that it could do so well for all our PvP community.

It would be a nice mechanic as the OP has said if the only environment for PvP is the environment that we currently have without change, but change is coming and I'm hoping this change mentioned above becomes empowered to help. But it's a waiting game right now as it's fate is not yet known because it's met a fork in the road where it could become very much more empowered to more empower our PvP community beyond what power they currently have.

Speculation is an enemy right now because results are the only thing that can dispel poor speculations. I'm a retired Army builder of Armies and the quests I have within the program are new to the gaming world only because our entire gaming world has not yet experienced them, yet those game designers that first created Siege Perilous Shard of UO know what power the last Fellowship had within their game and busted every quest they placed there in a matter of 32 hours time and had one of their "Troubadours" having been the major influence to have caused all that to have happened which lead to the great initial success of "their" UO's SP Shard.

And that's why the egos fear me, yet it's an "us" and not a "me", which is the same way I helped cause all of what happened before to happen because my specialty is development of resistance forces, which is something I love to do, but must be done in strange ways which never fail as long as they are properly allowed to, empowered to and told to begin operations to do what they do.

I want every single guild to benefit in every way they could as well as enlarge our PvP community through that same exact proses, into as many guilds as there could be under our Novian Sunshine and Darkest of Moon.
    I just have to get the thoughts out of their heads that it's me that will be doing it because that's not true, "it's them that will be doing it!" ... with as little of me as possible, because it's not me... my job by that time is to fade off into a dark abyss of obscurity and fameless existence where I best can do my work from.
    Famelesness, facelessness and solitude is where little "me" fits into all of this. "I've just have to start it", because of what needs to happen, and a extremely short time later, people will wonder if I do anything at all or if I even have a position in it all, which I assure everyone will be small. I just make sure everyone is on the same page and not conflicting with the plan as a whole.
    To those all those egos out there, I'm not the demigod, I want to make you one within your own controlling ways.

I am only the dancing clown here dancing for all to see, but my strings are held by many secret hands who's numbers are vast and already in your guild, from your guild, will remain in your guild, yet are pulling all of my strings to do all the different things I do for all of them, for all of you. I am not an I, I just currently represent a we who have no idea who all we are but know that we are and we are "The Fellowship" o_O...
    And a possible great future for us all...

~"He's Actually Very Small and Tiny in it All"~
    [​IMG]
    ~A Very Happy Wibbly Wobbly Timey Wimy~;)

The Hendoman likes this.
  11. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

No one enjoys getting their butts kicked the first day out in PVP at level 1! We are going to start with that, and when they get killed over and over with nothing worth anything on them it does get boring. There are some PVP people out there that love to kill off the weakling ( i personally call them the weakling) Since to me it says "Hey guess what i want to make your game life miserable". those are the people i love to gank! The ones that gank the newbie!

Why do i like that because it simply puts those egos on the shelf! Its satisfying to me when i do PVP, i feel at this point i have just put the jerk down and i will kill that guy over and over every time i see him, it sucks when the table is turned doesn't it? that person will not get his stuff back from me without paying for it, or killing me back to get it (if i haven't already given all his elite stuff to the noob he just ganked!) i will make their lives suck as much as they make others in the game! The reason behind this is it makes fun PVP for me, i love to hear them whine about "oh it was lag" or "oh i was crafting, buying, selling or skilling" same ole excuses you hear all the time from the bloated braggarts, or ego strokers! I smile every time i here that!

So this is what i do ..........I dont flag PVP until im ready to either die or kill someone else, i have to accept death if i plan on dealing it! (pvp rule #1) So you may not see much of me in the open world multiplayer PVP, i may not even be flagged while there. When i do decide to flag rest assure i am ready to accept death or deal it. With that being said i spend a lot of time in single/friends only until i feel i am ready, doesnt mean im scared of PVP just smart. Since i hate the type of players that gank noobs, you are my drive to PVP! ( no money, no special armor, no special weapon, no special resource needed) only thing i need to enjoy PVP are people that deserve to be killed, or people that may have a ransom on their head. i will get paid by my client no worries there! So i can make all the money i need doing this, in turn buying all the elite crap i want, in turn letting those that make peoples life miserable, in a pvp type setting, have a miserable gaming experience themselves!

If your one of those people i feel deserve to be killed i promise in time you will hate me and want to kill me, i will embrace this with open arms, the more i can kill you the more happy i will be.

So i agree with levels fighting certain levels only, if your in a group setting(PVP party), godspeed to you and i hope your team will be better than the other. The rules of level should not apply in that scenario but only apply when you are not partied up with anyone. I hope that settles the what if's (group, alliance or whatever people come up with)

For the newly arrived who want to pvp build your character up before you flag yourself PVP. That's the best advice i can give you. For the seasoned let the killing commence.
    If you like PVP no matter what then id say flag straight out of the gate, you will die a lot until you reach much higher levels (maybe that's fun for you and if so go for it) as much as people say levels don't matter i would love to see a level 20 destroy a level 60 or more (haven't seen it yet but it would be entertaining) levels do exist in this game you can find your adventurer level in the log files on your system by typing /data, its complicated to find the log files if your not computer savvy, but one of the posts in these forums tells you how to do it, or just ask your tech savvy friend. Either way you can find it. Enjoy the game. Dont flag pvp unless you can accept death.

12. Charlesscott1103

Charlesscott1103 Avatar

...what is this...WoW? Does Shroud cater to carebears? No..I think not.

Time Lord likes this.
  13. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

unfortunately it does already.:D

Last edited: Oct 8, 2016
    Moiseyev Trueden and Time Lord like this.
  14. Lord_Darkmoon

Lord_Darkmoon Avatar

I guess right now no one knows who this game is aimed at...

15. Net

Net Avatar

Just go PvP naked (or with pledge/garbage gear) and you will risk only some of your bones:) No need to pay then.

Anyway I occasionally see someone in Shardfalls, I was killed once there, I do not grind much, so I am easy target, and without reagents that are costy (I do not want to lose them) it is hardly fair fight anyway. On the upside I do not risk much:D And there is not even skill decay for PVP deaths now.

blaquerogue and Time Lord like this.
  16. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

I thought that was we wanted to avoid :O

17. Gideon Thrax

Gideon Thrax Avatar

But what if it goes down this?

Considering the entire game will be tied to the virtue system at some point, and your virtue is key to endgame content and progression through the episodes, I'd say this will be anything but your typical PVP game... and for the folks approaching this like a typical PVP game, they are going to get pwnd by the game itself.

Being flagged PVP doesn't have to mean live or die... it does mean you have to be ready though - and that's where the virtue system really shines.

PVP in SotA will be the epitome of Wheaton's Law... and eventually everyone will see this and know this because the undeserving (as seen by the Oracle) will eventually be punished... not just by the players, but by the game itself.

Fister Magee and Time Lord like this.
  18. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

Yeah it does, that why this topic exists.......to cater for those people. Sad thing is that it wouldn't surprise me if it didn't actually happen; may as well kill PvP off completely and be done with it.

19. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

Awh :rolleyes:

Time Lord likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.