1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Restructuring the official Forum

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Cerus, Mar 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Berek

Berek Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

If appropriate, you can always create a new thread, but in general, bug reports from a year ago are no longer valid to respond to... we have rules specific to necroing old threads that don't need to be.

2. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

My only wish is for these forums to host picture displays that don't require posting to an image url where they attach all the adds for beautiful (nationality here) women anxious to meet a guy like me. I refuse to use these sites and have never posted a picture to these forums for that reason. It's pretty restrictive, but I guess that is my choice.

Friend2, liz_the_wiz and Retlaw like this.
  3. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

@Berek still seems all those archived forum threads still dont seem to be locked. Pls pls help

4. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

i just element hide/adblock those bits.

5. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

and the readonly forums is where things go to retire pop-up description is on the top level, which includes the active ones

6. Berek

Not everything old is going to be locked, only bug report forums and some feedback forums. We can't lock everything we want too due to the manual process involved, unfortunately :(.

7. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

@Berek
    That should be all we should need although if there is a way to add a header that says you’re in an archive perhaps using the current feedback/bug forum is best. That would help.

8. Berek

That's a great idea, I think we can do this.

9. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

Maybe they're getting in there via Google search? (or even the forum search?)

Rhiannon likes this.
  10. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

After working in customer support for over 5 years now, its surprising how people can work out the worst ways possible to do something which can be solved by clicking the HUGE GREEN BUTTON IN THE MIDDLE OF YOUR SCREEN... I would not be surprised people would just look through archives looking for exactly what they need and still not consider that archived should be outdated, because the human brain is surprising.

I would think making the archived forums read only would give the best results, you can see things, which could still contain good information, but you can't necro the thread, as no one can post except those with the right permissions.

11. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Well that is one way to look at it. In 2013 when many of us joined this game we began to post ideas we each saw as important to the progress of this game. One problem way back then was that even though we all had tons of ideas to offer the time was not right to implement many of these ideas. Now is a much better time. Read only is ok but it may not always be appropriate imo. Old does not always mean outdated. For example the fishing and agriculture threads are very relevant since these systems are very bare bones. I would love to continue the conversation on these systems to get them much more added to them for fun. Then another example is the early boating threads since boating has not been implemented. If earlier threads better demonstrate ideas of this then I feel they are relevant.

edit

Also it was frustrating to some earlier backers to have their ideas lost and forgotten. Why post ideas then they say? I am not thin skinned but for them it felt like it was falling on deaf ears. I am not silenced so well and I will keep trying to find ways to demonstrate it in many ways to keep it alive? But that is me.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2018
  12. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

Did the forum get an update as well as it used to be by returning to my browser and moving my mouse around it would notify me of messages and alerts, now i need to change page to do that

13. Jaanelle DeJure

Jaanelle DeJure Avatar

Deleted

Last edited: Mar 24, 2018
  14. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

do not want to listen to what certain players have to say -

You Left click on the name in green then you can chose to Ignore - -
    [​IMG]

Sure they still show up as making messages and if someone replies to them you see the reply but . . . .

15. Berek

Please report said posts and we will take care of them :).

16. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I continue to beg for an "ignore thread" feature. Simply making it so that the thread is never marked as having unread posts is all that's needed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.