Resurrecting Others / Wandering Healers

Discussion in 'Skills and Combat' started by blacksheepboy, Nov 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blacksheepboy

blacksheepboy Avatar

In R48, getting brought back to life by another player, as opposed to an Ankh, will reduce the amount of experience penalty.

It has always been one of my main RP goals to be a wandering healer ala Ultima Online.

I know this has been talked about quite a bit, but this is still a bit sticking point for me. When playing the game in multiplayer, if I see another player who needs help, my only options are to attack the thing she is attacking in hopes it falls before she does. The alternative is to ask the player to, in the midst of combat, join a group with me so I can heal her or resurrect her if she does fall.

I have never liked that when I see someone in need, my only option is aggressive.

I would really love it if it was allowed for players to heal and resurrect other players not in their party. If players wish to refuse other's help, there could be an option that prevents non-party members from casting beneficial spells on them, and their experience would stay the same.

Nelzie, Pickley, Fister Magee and 7 others like this.
  2. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

not all your fellow healers are so mindful of others' autonomy. as long as there's such an option to set, i'm fine with it.

...although there may be some death mages who want to decline IN-party heals as well.

3. Max Bennis

Max Bennis Avatar

Personally I don't get resurrected very much, if not at all. Since I tend to grind through Friends-only multiplayer.

Reason is to get sustainable flow of mobs so I can gain experience at much as possible, and playing solo causes much less lag.
    (I grind at Deep Ravenswood - Adv Lv 66)

However, healing or resurrecting random people in the same instance is a good idea.
    Why stop someone who're willing to help?

If being in a party is much more beneficiary compared to playing solo, I'd gladly switch mode so I can meet other people and hunt together. Also, in that case, I'd rather welcome wandering healer who'll put me back up in critical situation.

FrostII likes this.
  4. Numa

Numa Avatar

The 50% reduction in death decay if resurrected by another player is a big thing and may very well drive people to ask for a frictionless way to ask for & get a resurrection spell. I'd like to be able to send out an SOS or beacon zone wide with an easy way for a good samaritan to accept. Upon acceptance the setup of the conditions for a successful resurrection should be automatic & painless.

I really think that the party invite mechanism is too cumbersome and not really designed to fullfill this purpose. You shouldn't be forced into a party to ask and get a ressurection. At the same time, there has to be an element of consent. Having the just-dead-avatar be the one to initiate the process preserves this.

5. Obsidian Tempest

Obsidian Tempest Avatar

Too bad we have to resurrected the body. If Port could create a a ghost, specter, phantom, wraith, or spirit of the dead avatar, like in UO days, the dead PC could run around and find someone on the map to get resurrected. But remember, not everyone was willing to help. Also, Spirit Speak was a fun and a great RP skills as well. :p

Last edited: Nov 10, 2017
    Nelzie likes this.
  6. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

Since there is a prompt to accept ressurection, maybe they can make it where folks can just be ressurected without having to be in party and keep heals to in-party @Chris

Numa, Nelzie, Xandra7 and 2 others like this.
  7. Grimbone

Grimbone Avatar

^this

8. Nelzie

Nelzie Avatar

I was actually bummed to discover that I could only use the Resurrection spell on a party member, which coincidentally does include party member Tamed Pets...

I had been aiming my character to primarily be a kind of wandering healer/paladin in a way, but... since reading more on the boards here... I'm now aiming to be more of a jack of every single skill and spell tree at least up to levels 55 to 80 for each skill and then... start to focus on things like Grand Mastering skills.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.