Return of the Questions!

Discussion in 'New Player Welcome' started by grandmaJOY, Aug 28, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. grandmaJOY

grandmaJOY Avatar

Thanks to the kind souls that frequent this forum I now have a tiny house full of chests - 3 cheers for the helpers!

I'm trying a bit of crafting and now have more questions than you can shake a stick at. Here are the morning's most pressing:

1. I was trying to make an iron ring from the wiki as listed under Variations on this page: https://sotawiki.net/sota/Ring

I instead made a Metal Ring (from iron) with no stats:confused: What do I do with this ring?

2. Where can I buy/find/kill somebody for the Iron Ring recipe and the Bronze Ring recipe?

3. I'm trying to make the basic Jack O Lantern (not trophy) but I can't find small candles - wiki has nothing and my google searches have proved futile. Are the candles something I need a recipe for? Is there a vendor for them?

Last edited: Aug 28, 2021
    Time Lord and FrostII like this.
  2. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

go to the actual iron ring recipe and in the box on the right there will be a link to the page for the recipe item, which will list where it can be gotten.

[​IMG]

small candles is actually a group name. try the chamberstick candle, the candle in bulb base, or (maybe) the wall candle

Time Lord, FrostII and grandmaJOY like this.
  3. Alley Oop

...though now that i look at it, iron ring is reteachable, which means discoverable

Time Lord, FrostII and grandmaJOY like this.
  4. grandmaJOY

grandmaJOY Avatar

Thank you so much, Alley! I see 2 vendors for the ring (sorry I didn't notice the link) and I'll be on my way over.

I have lots of those other candles you mentioned -- I LOVE Halloween and always do my yard up with amazing displays so I was thrilled to find these Jack O Lantern recipes!

Time Lord and FrostII like this.
  5. Alley Oop

discoverable means you don't have to buy it. just put the ingredients on the table.

Time Lord, grandmaJOY and FrostII like this.
  6. grandmaJOY

grandmaJOY Avatar

I wondered about that, thanks for clarifying:) But without a way to know what the ingredients are, it is often easier for this newb to buy the recipe

Time Lord likes this.
  7. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

When you are searching for an item on the wiki, like this Bronze Ring, you will have the recipe right there waiting for you.

When you are on this page, the recipe will be layer out before you. On this section you will find the crafting station required, the skill level, the type of recipe (teachable, re-teachable, not teachable) and then the actual items laid out on the crafting station. These are the items you need to place to craft the item, so as long as the recipe is re-teachable, you can learn it without having to find or buy the scroll, so this can be very useful!

Time Lord, Alley Oop and grandmaJOY like this.
  8. grandmaJOY

grandmaJOY Avatar

LOL of course the items are laid out...no wonder I couldn't find the "ingredient list" for the recipes:) Thank you for helping me to understand this unusual presentation of information Violet! So much new and different still to learn.

Violet Ronso and Time Lord like this.
  9. vulcanjedi

vulcanjedi Bug Hunter

Discoverable is also Re Teachable.
    vj

10. Alley Oop

err, yes:

FBohler, grandmaJOY and vulcanjedi like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.