Returning for a look

Discussion in 'New Player Welcome' started by Soylent Green, May 3, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Soylent Green

Soylent Green Avatar

Hey,
    What are the fun things to do solo these days?
    I spent a while trying to find a lot to place house over the last few weeks and finally got a spot in a smaller town.
    I usually just treat the game like a life simulator and mine and piddle around with crafting and house.
    Wondering if there are any trendy things solo people do for adventuring.

What are the fun things to do in groups these days?
    I saw people in a group leveling on practice dummies in Soltown last night while I was trying to re-familiarize myself with the game. Not really my thing but reminded me of training on blade spirits

2. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

Hey Soylent, welcome back! To answer your first question, "What is fun to solo these days", it would highly depend on your adventuring level, gear, and knowledge of game mechanics, but I will list a few options I remember having fun on :

1. Outskirts. Very low level, the outskirts offer a great place to get early gold and experience. These zones are some of the most polished ones, so they look really good.

2. Tower of the Shuttered Eye. This is a very fun place to run a bunch of times when you start getting the hang of things. Climbing the tower, defeating the lich(es?) And looting the chests was one of the most fun things to do when I was still in my early days.

3. Crag Foothills/Twin Foothills. These two zones are the ones that remain from my "I'm almost there" days. These two zones offered some relatively easy spots with decent loot, and some challenging spots for nice exp.

4. Savrenoc Stronghold. This is a great place to kill animals and get the occasional reaper. When you can start killing these bad boys, that is when the wood production gets nice! Very fun zone with a 15 minute or so time to go all the way around if you skin what you kill, so you can go for a few rounds

5. The compendium of pain and suffering. This place is the bomb, with 8 challenges per section, and 3 sections on garder than the other, this zone can be grinded for a long time. When you finish a section, you can get a chest with 500-2000 gold, lots of regs and kits, a few consumables, and a chance for a dungeon blueprint drop.

6. The Rise. Once you get here, things get challenging but rewarding. Very good loot depending on the rooms, and a nice layout to plan different routes!

7. Tartarus Maze. This is a new one for me, this place is full of very high level mobs, but with some VERY good loot. These guys can drop the Bandit Armor Set, which is super valuable and used as end game top tier armor. This is the zone to grind if you can and want to solo.

These are a few of my choices for most level ranges, so find the one that fits and enjoy!

3. Soylent Green

Soylent Green Avatar

Hey, Violet. Thanks for for the info. I am a fairly high level but cant remember all the moves yet and I never was much good to begin with. I think I will start with #4.

Elgarion and Violet Ronso like this.
  4. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

Welcome back!

Elgarion and Soylent Green like this.
  5. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

6. Elgarion

Elgarion Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Soylent Green likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.