Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Returning from POTs to other towns is kinda clunky

Discussion in 'Release 61 Feedback' started by redfish, Dec 23, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. redfish

redfish Avatar

I was in Kingsport docks today to go to the Fishing Expedition, and accidentally selected the boat to Jatavern, a POT. So, obviously, the first thing I wanted to do was return to Kingsport.

But entering Jatavern brought me to Side Docks 1, and the only boat there was back to Novia. Because I'm experienced with the game, I knew to try and travel to the Main Docks, which had the boat to Kingsport as I expected.

However, I think there's a usability issue here, especially for new players who might be confused how to get back to where they were if they make a mistake. Its the kind of polish you want to prevent bad experiences.

If possible, it would make the most sense if the game is set up so the exit boat or exit wagon to whatever town you came from is where you enter the scene. Right now, I'm assuming the wagon and boat exit locations are baked in the scene. But honestly, the thing that would make the most sense to me is if this was more adaptive and followed wherever the scene entrance was.

I'm aware that POT governors can set up a default entrance, though I haven't actually had experience with this myself. But it seems to me also maybe shouldn't POTs work more like NPC towns where there can be multiple default entrances, depending on where you're travelling there from? You might want to go from a wagon to an inland area, but from a boat, you want to go to a docks, so you can travel back by boat.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2018
    twofoldsilence likes this.
  2. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

In a PRT or POT, there should be travel signs near every entrance, which you can take to the Docks, where the full set of boats should be found. Not a perfect solution, but still better than having to figure out where the docks are and then running all the way over.

3. redfish

redfish Avatar

There are travel signs by the entrances.

Besides the fact that its definitely not a perfect solution (ideally from any perspective you'd want the exit to be near the entrance), the issue is really that its not straightforward to new players.

twofoldsilence likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.