Returning player with a couple questions.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Stabbath, Feb 14, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stabbath

Stabbath Avatar

1. I thought when we move a deed, our items go back to bank, then when we place the deed back down, say, your basement will look the same as it did before? Anytime I have done this, my basement is empty. The items in the bank have the basement listed in the tooltip of the item however. Am I missing something? It's a pain, and takes a long time to re-decorate and crawl back and forth when moving, or coming back to the game.

2. If I recall correctly, the bottom (utility hotbar) used to indicate shift 1, shift 2 etc. Upon my return, it indicates, !,@, # instead. Is there anyway to get it to indicate shift 1, shift 2 instead?

Thanks for any help, and hope my questions made sense. If not, I'll try to elaborate further.

Black Tortoise likes this.
  2. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

I don't understand #2, but on #1 you have to put the lot into the magic mover in order to save it. Look in the Windows list for Property Manager.

3. Scooby Doo

Scooby Doo Avatar

Welcome back Stabbath

You need to first move your house and deco into the property manager. If it has gone to bank there is no way to return the items to their locations. You can access the property manager from the stone at your house, second cog wheel
    Once moved into property manager the house will disappear. Then unclaim lot.

claim new lot and then drag house from property manager onto the new location.

regarding question 2, I’m not sure.

Catch you in game.

4. Parson Barr

Parson Barr Avatar

On #2, if you hit shift-1, shift-2 etc. that's the same thing as ! and @ and # and so forth. It's possible there are other keyboard layouts that don't put these special characters on shift-1-0. Maybe from another country. But don't worry. Pressing ! is the same as pressing shift-1 on a standard keyboard.

My guess is showing the single characters is shorter than printing out the words shift-1. A space concern.

5. Stabbath

Stabbath Avatar

So you can't remap utility bar? Was thinking before, I made shift 1, 2, 3 etc. the alt keys in settings, then removed the default, but perhaps I'm mistaken. I have youtube vids I can check, but not sure if I remapped back then (if I did that is). Or, maybe I am thinking of another game. Anyway, thanks for the feedback all!

/edit. Looked at some of my old youtube vids, and the utility bar didn't indicate shift 1,2,3. I'm probably mistaken and confusing this sort of thing with one or more other games.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2020
  6. Black Tortoise

Black Tortoise Avatar

Welcome back to Novia! Im so glad youve returned! Its such an exciting place now.

Hit me up in game if you need anything :)

You can still customize these, its in Options > Controls > Keybindings

Numa likes this.
  7. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

You can't remap the utility bar independent of the combat bar.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.