Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Review: Main story without "the grind"? *SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'Release 49 Feedback Forum' started by Bowen Bloodgood, Jan 9, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

There is a quest to bypass this at a cost of Courage. Not so (as far as I know) for the Kobold camp. Maybe it wasn't so hard with archery, which is somewhat overpowered (for both players and mobs), but as a magic main, your focus is toast very quickly without being able to rest between fights. (This is from trying it a few times on a mid-level alt.)

It bothers me to hear kobolds grumble about honor, and about humans running away, then their archers and mages... do exactly that. And a fight with a "champion" where you have to fight a dozen others first, often two or three at a time? With no rest break in between? That doesn't sound very kobold-ish, either.

2. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Great writeup. And YIKES! No food buffs! I don't think I'd ever do it that way, I like having combat focus/heal.

Bowen Bloodgood likes this.
  3. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

Yeah I have a lot of issues with kobolds living up to what they say and their justifications for stuff. They claim moral superiority and then just attack indiscriminately on sight most of the time? What is that business with the Graff mines? And their apparent might makes right attitude.

Never even occurred to me to look for another way around Crag Mines. Though in retrospect I can think of how that would probably go. As for the arena fights it's definitely a case of different builds being more favorable than others.

First time I did it with Bowen, heavy armor, sword and shield.. mid to high 60s.. I believe I made it to the monkey and finally died much in the same as happened as described earlier. The next time I did it with a mid-60s tank with a halberd and food buffs and it almost seemed too easy cause even with the 4 on 1 I was hitting them all at once so it was over pretty quickly. Mages I can see are just at a real disadvantage but I can also image the right deck might do well.. but under level 50 I have a hard time seeing most mages having that 'right deck'.

Bow Vale and Cordelayne like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.