Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Rewards interface misleading due to long wait

Discussion in 'Release 63 Feedback' started by Vladamir Begemot, Feb 28, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

It goes like this:

Oooh look I've got rewards. -> Opens rewards, scrolls up and down -> Hmmm I don't see anything new, weird. (it's still loading but hasn't told us) -> Confusion

I also had one time when it loaded some (after a wait) new items, closed the window, a few minutes later there were more. I think this happened 2x.

Mishikal likes this.
  2. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

I noticed on some of my alts that if you check right after logging on, you won't see the new items. If you try a few minutes later, they appear. Checking was a process that in the past that took a while and had a rate limit (you couldn't just keep pressing the check rewards button), so I expected it to not be instant. Also, I think when you buy cotos, it takes a few minutes not only due to this, but also due to having the purchase clear.

3. hollya56

hollya56 Avatar

I can't find my shroud of the avatar rewards program rewards that should have been awarded yesterday February 28th.

4. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Those get put into your account the day you subscribed, usually. So if you subscribed on the 4th, expect to get them on the 4th every month.

----

Slow reward of rewards to the rewards window is all the rage in the Discord discussion right now, players buying COTO's are waiting long enough that they think they have to email support, then eventually the COTO's show up.

Just letting the devs know so they can head this off at the pass before they get swamped with support emails.

5. Floors

Floors Avatar

When's the black ice stuff coming out ?

6. Lord Subtleton

Lord Subtleton Developer Emeritus

We did have some blockages on Thursday and Friday where rewards weren't making it to in-game. All that has been resolved. So hopefully now everyone is getting there purchases in good time.

Elwyn and Vladamir Begemot like this.
  7. Floors

Floors Avatar

The lagtime is about a couple minutes, so unlike the old mechanism where when you clicked, you got it, this does introduce a period, however short where you can't do anything and are just waiting on them. But eventually you get them and see the little gold star so.....It will probably be an adjustment period to the new behavior.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.