1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Rewards Program Update (and Release 66 Rewards)

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, May 28, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sentinel2

Sentinel2 Avatar

Astirian likes this.
  2. Helverian

Helverian Avatar

Sorry... In the last month of the web store i gave port over 50 dollar. Now i will cut it off to 9 dollar. Or perhaps unsubscribe all.

The best time to get money from us was in the last month of the webstore.

Why? Accounts are free. 5 dollar each reward month. 10 Accounts 10 times items.
    Now? 9 dollar each for about 3 items? You starting to kill your last income...

3. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

Thanks for this link and timestamp! We need a culture where any reference to video provides this.

The great thing about forums is that every topic has a title. Not so much in multiple 1+ hour long video streams.

Last edited: May 30, 2019
    Cordelayne likes this.
  4. Helverian

Helverian Avatar

Sorry i looked the video. And i see that port can not calculate.

sorry. you will earn much less then... you need to go back to the time of the webstore. yes at that time the stretchgoals works. Up to 200.000k.

Many players had done it like me: i starting with 3 accounts each 5 dollars. but if more stretchgoals reached i spented more till 50 dollars...
    now i will cut off to 1 or 2 accounts...because i get only the sub package and 2 3 items... I have no problems to wait for items. Only that it is not seen in the account that i have got the rewards.

You will only get max 60.000 to 80.000. a few month ago you were always above it. I can not believe that the cost of stretch goals are higher than the missing money...

Last edited: May 30, 2019
  5. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

I so wish I could disagree, but its hard to find fault.. stretch goals made 200k when they were quarterly, then when it was at an odd time and they didnt make enough it was "oh, people didnt get to join in thats why no one bought stuff, heres another one", then it became monthly and sorry but I felt a little like there was the hope from the port end of 200k a month.. I have sunken 8k+ into this, and I havent really got more to give, I have a number of subs Im strongly thinking of ditching now because they arent accounts I regularly play, they are the, "Im fed up and want to play but dont want people to know its me" accounts.. or experiments and if I have to log in each month to get something I thought I paid for, I'll keep those 9 dollars for all the extra accounts, theres a weeks worth of food shopping I can save from that.

I kinda get the stopping making it a potential never ending list of things to reach for, and only having 4 or whatever items, but, if they are to be handed out for logging in, that wasnt the deal I signed up for. And I know for many logging into a bunch of accounts doesnt seem a big deal, but its just yet another hurdle to jump though, and one I feel I should be allowed to feel I shouldnt have to as that was not what we signed up for.

6. Fionwyn Wyldemane

Fionwyn Wyldemane Avatar

With all due respect to the Devs, are you purposely trying to kill the game?

I was going to say more, but I erased it. This is just another "WTF" moment for me in a long line of head scratching decisions where Portalarium shoots itself in the foot once again. :mad:

Helverian, Amelli, Alioth and 8 others like this.
  7. Kabalyero Kidd

Kabalyero Kidd Avatar

is Chaox still with the team?

Xandra7, Amelli and Cordelayne like this.
  8. Duke Olahorand

Duke Olahorand Localization Team

Are subscription rewards and MONTHLY LOGIN rewards now the same or is here a messup in understanding how it is handled?

Also confirm, that watching streams is not the way to go for adult audience with not much time at their hands. Where went the art of writing for information sharing?

*Salute*
    Olahorand
    The Rebel Duke

Helverian, Xandra7, Amelli and 6 others like this.
  9. Sea Bear

Sea Bear Avatar

let's not forget while logging in one can collect what is it 500 gold? and gain some experience points to be used towards skill advancement.

10. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

That’s from speaking to the Oracle daily.

You have to speak to her to get that.

11. jiirc

jiirc Avatar

Subscription rewards are rewards from the subscription. (Yes I know that is obvious.)

The May login reward was a special reward that everyone received. It was a one-time kind of reward. They may or may not do this again. (I want to say the reward was part of the mail campaign Chris is waging and they extended it tohe whole player base because it made sense to do it that way. And it could be considered a special, loyalty reward.

The subscription package was expanded to include a montly login reward. This probably shouldn't be confused with the reward everyone got with R65 (may's release).

12. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

THIS

13. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

The Disco Ball Chandelier is available in the Crown Shop. Apparently, it was left out of the Release 66 Announcements.

14. Lontra

Lontra Avatar

I did not get the release 66 bag reward :( did not find it anywhere here either...

15. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

Do you have a pledge subscription? From my understanding, the items should show up in your rewards list when you log in.

Jaesun, Time Lord and Echondas like this.
  16. redfish

redfish Avatar

Yes although for me it didn't show up as a green (new) item, but I found it anyway by searching for r66

Jaesun, Time Lord and Echondas like this.
  17. Gorthyn

Gorthyn Avatar

Interesting that the new policy is to coerce people into logging in ! Unbelievable.

Here's a radical idea Devs why not improve the game properly by fixing all the broken content and adding new quality content rather than nothing but pixel crack and half baked systems. Perhaps then you will have an enjoyable game on your hands that people might *gasp" voluntarily want to play in sufficient numbers and contribute some of their hard earned money to you in return.

You never know, that might work...

18. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

I totally believe in our Portalarium and it's staff o_O...

I do have confidence in them, yet I also believe that they were sold a swindler's inept advertising campaign...
    [​IMG]
    which they have yet to financially recover from such a huge physical cash loss, in that very bad mistake made...

No one, or extremely few, ever saw the advertisements made, not our backers or even our Portalarium staff, as the targeting chosen for the cash was (I speculate) doled out by the distributor on nothing more the advertiser's buddy system o_O...
    ~That's all pure speculation on my part, but to the soul of our Ultima it still burns :confused:!~
    :(~Time Lord~

Last edited: May 31, 2019
    Fionwyn Wyldemane likes this.
  19. Grimbone

Grimbone Avatar

I have 3 accounts and stopped all subscriptions and purchasing things when web store was taken down. Things use to be easy with just $5 a month on each account, now its a pain. Then came along $9 subscriptions, purchasing $5 in coto's went away, and now log in or lose it.

Seriously, I haven't contributed in months and I want too. You are losing money.

20. Sean Silverfoot

Sean Silverfoot Avatar

I had 2 accounts on the subscription now I have 3.................

Time Lord likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.