1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Rewards Program Update (and Release 66 Rewards)

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, May 28, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

Did anyone get the disco ball? I got 3 things one was an emote.

Time Lord likes this.
  2. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

they put it in the store

Time Lord likes this.
  3. Alleine Dragonfyre

Alleine Dragonfyre Avatar

note: i've edited this 1,000 times because im tired

I'm going to have to agree with this. If people buy something, they should be given the item. If you want to reward logins, you really should create separate rewards for that task. I wouldn't give you money if there was a potential to miss the product. But if I miss a login reward, that's on me, not you. I get that you're trying to get your numbers up, but there's a right way to do it and a kind of skeevy way to do it.

If I log into your game a day late and I miss a reward I'm going to be unhappy if it's unique and I feel left out. Do you want your players to feel unhappy and left out? I mean, it's just a game item, but its not really, even in a minute way, something you want your customers to feel after they've faithfully given you access to their bank accounts for $9.00 x 1,2,3,4....

Save the recolors and do-over items for login rewards and save the unique and new for the subscription. Or give a small number of CoTos for logging in. Like 100 or something. That way you're not adding even more junk to your database to store.

I have a life and I play other games. So yeah, it can be.

also @DarkStarr the rewards this release are nice but, with all due respect, this is the hustle:

Mac Daddy (Blurry because, you know, the 70's)

Last edited: Jun 1, 2019
  4. Helverian

Helverian Avatar

100% agree. That is like my opinion "zipped" in a few sentence.

Time Lord and Cordelayne like this.
  5. Doctorface

Doctorface Avatar

well..it's not TERRIBLE. Maybe one day I'll get that graphics card update @Chris claims is SO important and I'll be not trash.

any chance you can make that dog and house bag destroyable? I hate it.

6. Fionwyn Wyldemane

Fionwyn Wyldemane Avatar

I think that's wonderful, but here's a simple simple question - is your extra nine dollars a month going to get Portalarium where it needs to be, which is pulling in more money to hire more staff to get more fixed/developed? I have 6 accounts subscribed and I am getting to a point where I view that money as a drop in the bucket and there are not enough drops coming in to keep things sustainable, let alone moving forward.

When there was the overlap of having both subscriptions and a cash shop - more money was coming in,
    When there was a cash shop with 50% off deals during live-streams there was more money was coming in.

I had five accounts subscribed back then and STILL spent MORE money because I like 50% deals. I can tell you that having the "Spin the Wheel" to see what was going on sale was a lot of fun for me and I'm thinking the antics and excitement were fun for others as well.

Now the Devs can't keep up with monthly stretch goals and that reality is presented as "exciting news about the rewards program!" ??? I'm sorry, I just can't muster up any excitement about this. I have concerns not only about LESS money coming in, but now we can't even see the tally of money coming in.

No more no more cash shop, no more stretch goals and now a monthly reward bag that requires a log in to claim? Hey I could be wrong and the SOTA math has the right of it - this is going to solve the fiscal dilemma. Yay, whoopee....

But the captain of the Titanic said, "Full steam ahead" too. So again, with due respect to the remaining Devs and now to my buddy Sean, I'm sorry but I don't see this change as a good thing at all and I don't believe it is going to solve the fiscal dilemma, just make it worse.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2019
  7. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

One other point - previously we got some cotos, and whatever goals were obtained.. which was usually more than 3 things as now we dont even seem to get the cotos..

8. Ostvel

Ostvel Avatar

Liz_the_wiz I don't believe this part is changing
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/?page_id=77345&open=1765

it does suck that they are making the log in a requirement though.
    I will be gone to a location without much internet access, and certainly no computer for a year.
    they should just gate it by subscription only which I plan on keeping up while I am gone, that way when I finally get home I can just have all these bags of cool stuff accumulated hehe

9. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

I saw that, but it also hasnt been updated since they decided to move the items to login rewards not just things you'd get, and the bundle of things didnt have cotos in, which would have been sensible...

10. Ostvel

Ostvel Avatar

those will be separate
    I just had a resub and it gave me my 900 cotos and three potions like normal in the rewards section

Time Lord and Fionwyn Wyldemane like this.
  11. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

Thats a bit of a relief, all the same though, it would be good if we had accurate simple info on where and how all these things now worked

Time Lord and Fionwyn Wyldemane like this.
  12. Lontra

Lontra Avatar

I did! I just got the June one!!

How should I proceed? I really need a house, lol, many other rewards to see and test. I just got back after the anounced performance optimization! :D Its rnning nice now! hehe

13. Mac G

Mac G Avatar

Just got the potion and 250k exp, kinda wish it had been XP for both adventure and crafting, not just adventuring...

14. Echondas

Echondas Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

Maybe next month’s will be producer exp bag - gotta stay tuned :)

Woundhealer Odlaw likes this.
  15. Godra

Godra Avatar

So, did anyone get the R66 Special rewards bag in Offline mode? I looked last night and did not see it. I have it with my Online character, but not my Offline game.

16. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

Well here were are a week later.
    - The previous "rewards program" rewards (cotos/potions) are unchanged
    - The new rewards DO go into your rewards box, as a single bundle instead of a bunch of items all over the list
    - The new rewards bundle is not account bound, and presumably the contents are not either
    - The monthly login rewards are separate, and presumably don't need being in the rewards program
    - The monthly login rewards are account-bound

A quick word here about account-binding things. I understand the reasons of doing it with "freebies", especially ones which you could get by creating a dozen free accounts. But anything which a customer got via cash (including the monthly RP rewards) should be completely unbound.

From what I understand about how rewards work with offline mode, you should get them. But when playing the online game, it still can take a few minutes of being in game before the rewards list is updated. Previously you had the "check rewards" button to pull stuff in manually, but now the offline game will have to check on its own. Maybe someone needs to start a new world (most reliable way is to start an offline game on a computer that hasn't been used for offline yet) and see if rewards still work.

17. Helvig Ingvildsdottir

Helvig Ingvildsdottir Avatar

I remember that Chris wrote somewhere here on the forums that the login rewards (not the subscirption rewards) are available only in the online game.

18. Helverian

Helverian Avatar

Yes for the normal players all is fine. For ppl like me who used to spend more if the goals are great... it get lousy.... and what is more important --> i think port lose a lot of money. But we can only "use dices". We havent any facts. Prev there where shown the money which was spent...

liz_the_wiz likes this.
  19. Calan Caitin

Calan Caitin Avatar

I'm quality over quantity. If the subscription rewards are better than reversed colored items previously released and don't look like a first year art student made them, I'm good with this change. I already have boxes full of crap I will never use as decoration. I know many players like emotes, but those should not be included in the monthly subscription rewards. That always irritated me with the stretch goals that the first 2 tiers were always emotes or frickin fireworks. Keep the emotes as quest rewards or whatnot. I don't want to spend money on those or I would purchase the ones from the coto store.

liz_the_wiz likes this.
  20. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

At least make them teachable, so there is a chance that a player starting a year from now isn't screwed out of ever getting them.

Time Lord and Cyin like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.