Richard! Chris! Guys? Please Give Us Options!

Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by Duke Crachazz, Mar 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Duke Crachazz

Duke Crachazz Avatar

I've been such a big UO fan, I loved the game as it was back in the day...
    I know this is NOT UO, Richard does NOT own the rights to UO anymore yada yada yada :)

BUT, like so many, I have waited 10 years (or even longer?) for a game like UO was, with full loot, open-pvp, non instanced housing, crafting and a huge world where I meet many different people, good and evil alike. (as well as cross someones path again and again that is not a friend of mine, but you meet them from time to time or see them riding along).

Now Richard Garriot creates a new game, excuse me... OF COURSE UO fans expect the game to be like the game they first fell in love with and miss since then.

So please Portalarium, give us choices... Let us choose if we want to play with open-pvp, full-loot, guard zones "Guards, Guards help me!!", a shared world with many other players and the freedom we learned to love in UO.

If you can make players happy who do not wish to pvp, wo wish to play alone or only with friends, make us happy too and give us another, a new option to play the game like we did play in UO.

- OPO
    - FFA <--- :)

Otherwise it's not fair, first you give us UO, then EA takes it away and when you finally return to make a new game it does not quench the thirst many of us have for so many years now...

2. Duke Crachazz

Duke Crachazz Avatar

PS: I want this old UO feeling back, have a house, people know where I live, I see and meet many of the same people, I live in danger and could be mugged and killed at any time, or be stolen from (add thieves in FFA mode).

I know it won't be called UO 2, but this is what I and many others would like to see, an option that we can play SoTA in UO style, the game obviously would match only FFA players with other FFA players, so it would be no issue or force something onto other players.

3. antalicus

antalicus Avatar

Thumbs up

4. Duke Crachazz

Duke Crachazz Avatar

Thanks, I honestly am prepared to pay a monthly subscription fee for this... To have servers for a real mmo, make the FFA/MMO(whatever) settings available to paid subscribers and give us back UO(SoTA) with a new twist :)

I don't think OPO will be what we really want (We as in the UO fans), we want a persistent world, dangers from pk's and thieves, have our buddies scream for help on icq/skype and we ride/teleport to help them at the other end of the world.

Place houses in designated, persistent areas... Everything we could do in UO plus the new twists of SoTA, and we will stop moaning because we are probably busy playing 24/7!

5. psykez

psykez Guest

I agree and there should be sanctuaries where people gather and fighting is not allowed.

6. Duke Crachazz

Duke Crachazz Avatar

Yep, cities/town/villages with the good old guard zones (Exploit free), so you can not simply cast explosion and teleport away before the guards whack you :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.