Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Richard Garriott - why do we have breakable containers?

Discussion in 'Release 17 Feedback' started by Poor game design, May 25, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Katrina Bekers

Katrina Bekers Localization Team

Why everyone keeps forgetting mimics?

Themo Lock and Amber Raine like this.
  2. Selene

Selene Avatar

I didn't forget them! I remember the first time I saw one in The Clink. :)

3. Amber Raine

Amber Raine Community Ambassador (FR)

Oh yes, I did not forget the mimics. They do not try to kill you, they just want to give you a hug... with their mouth.. because they are hungry and believe you taste good with ketchup! :)

4. Chatele

Chatele Avatar

I for one like the idea of interacting with objects in the world... The more the better..... would be nice if we got a surprise from them though... like if i break a barrel, i might get some wood from it.... or if i break jars, i might get some food or potions from it..... or if i open closets or drawers in INNS only, i might find some neat wardrobes, for men and woman, depending on the room i sneak into..... some jewelry from the night stands etc .... I would like to be able to sit on any tree stumps in the woods, after all woods have stumps from trees that erode in time, when it snows, i want to make snow balls to throw at peeps walking by hehehehe, or make a snowman for my yard, hope we get weather. I want to be able to climb a tree, and sit on its branch, i want to pick shells from the ocean with the possibility of finding a really awesome one, but also rare ones that are larger in scale , that can not be sold , but can be placed in my home. when we get fishing, i want to be able to mount my biggest catch for my house. I want to pick stones in forests etc and be able to throw them at the critters hehehe or what ever .... so on and so forth ... Stealing though should always carry a penalty for doing so.... An animation for climbing would be nice....

5. Curt

Curt Avatar

I think one way to give feedback on what the oracle has observed would be the more violent? you is the more likely you is to smash open a container
    the less violent then the more likely you would be to open the container instead

6. Satan Himself

Satan Himself Avatar

If I've had a bad day, sometimes I'll go and bash some crates., and it'll make me feel better. I'm philosophical about it, like Socrates was about Sotacrates. :eek:

Kara Brae, Katrina Bekers and Spoon like this.
  7. Razimus

Razimus Avatar

Breakable crates & barrels is the Ultima way, it goes all the way back to the old school days of Ultima Forever or U4E as the kids liked to call it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.