Ridiculous In Game Housing System

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Cock of the North, Feb 17, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Numa

Numa Avatar

Good point :)

I read in the R50 or R51 notes that pets will now go through their moving animations even if their owner's aren't present. Have you read or seen any indication that training dummies will also be usable this way?

2. Amber Raine

Amber Raine Community Ambassador (FR)

Yes , I am a fine example of this happening. Infact let me point you to "All" of Avatars Radio when the Governor of Radio City left. My items are still locked in his town.

however there is a way to get out of that... log into single player online and you can get into the town you are banned from and get your stuff. Found this out this morning, and it worked.

Only stuff you can't get is stuff you may have put in their home or a town building that they own. That, I am still having issues with.

3. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

that's a good question! i'll check on qa tomorrow but if it's going in this release it may not be in yet on qa. the draft instructions doesn't specifically call that out (yet), though, and as much as it's been requested i would think they would.

Paladin Michael and Numa like this.
  4. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

It doesn't appear to be in yet.

Paladin Michael likes this.
  5. Nietzsche

Nietzsche Avatar

From my perspective, being a backer with thousands of dollars to my pledge level for a high end house, I find it fair and reasonable that it costs only 85 COTOs or 300k in game gold. Like many have said 300k is quite a bit of money for a new player but for an established player this amount of gold can be made in less than a week. Or even in a weekend. Its all relative and I am happy with how the economy is and the end game content that players can strive towards owning.

6. kl4nk

kl4nk Avatar

Alot of you dont seem to have read the OP corectly. He does Not want a deed in a POT. He specifically said he found a ghost NPC town he wants to live in. But is goal is behind a pay wall.

I know you can still achieve this without going for your wallet. But lets all be honnest here, its not something quite that simple to do. He would probably have to enter the real money trade game to do this, this meen setting up a paypal account, trusting strangers, finding a seller. Nothing quite has easy as buying a deed from a npc and placing that deed where ever you want.

Personnally ive came to conclusions that a pot row deed will be enough for me. But hey. Im a simple man. I dont partake in RMT unless im taking a break from sota, and selling my inventory for a rediculus cheap price, wich i already did once. And because i did a small profit on my 40$ "investment" i bought into another soon to be release game.

Thwip likes this.
  7. Paladin Michael

Paladin Michael Bug Hunter

Rada, would you tell us, how you did this? I mean: Selling in game gold for credits? Sorry, I didn't understand exactly how it works.
    Thank you for explanation :)

Rada Torment likes this.
  8. Nick

Nick Avatar

Think he meant selling in game gold to other players for store credits, which he then use to buy bundles.

9. Paladin Michael

Paladin Michael Bug Hunter

I thought so, I wondered if there would be a way to change in game gold to store credit (beside selling to other players) - that also would be a great thing ;)

10. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

No we did understand the op of course. For this game we have to deal with facts. Most Npc towns are not available for players. Most lots there are already promised and pre-purchased as far back as 2013. In each upcoming episode more land mass will be made available for players. Presenting our lovely housing system in negative terms does not serve the game. Renting is a chance to have a place to decide what to do. It is not bad. For example staying in my Inn you are a cross the street from the Oracle who pays you 500 gold and XP a day. You are also across the street from 2 devotional shrines that give 9 hour buffs. You have the use of our residents tax-free vendor, and you have the unlimited use of +5 crafting tables and so much more to mention. No one has to be in a guild or ever talk to me or anyone if they don't care to.

For this game there is so much choice. It is not all doom and gloom. It just needs to be represented correctly. No one who knows this game and sees the greatness and possibility of it going forward is trying to steer anyone wrong. It is about patience and strategies and making your own world.

I say to new players and existing players Don't let anything hold you back. My advise to you is get yourself out of bank living right away and into a rental if you are not going to pay at least $275 or for a tax-free bundle. Then go forward and enjoy the game being comfortable taking your time to plan your housing acquisition schedule at your very own pace.

It will be a journey but it is up to you. This my opinion truly. There's not much more anyone can say. It is just this way. Players will have to decide it for themselves and to do it or not. I of course wish everyone wonderful days and hope you will stay with us and have fun. :)

Last edited: Feb 18, 2018
    Elwyn, Luca Xante, Kara Brae and 4 others like this.
  11. Numa

Numa Avatar

Well said :)

And this is the perfect moment to introduce this link :

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?forums/rental-services-free-places-to-live.1067/

12. Last Trinsic Defender

Last Trinsic Defender Avatar

Well ... there is much anyone can say. Nobody has the right to tell others that they have nothing to say anymore.

And no - it's not just this way. One of the major points: if players decide for themselves that this game is lame and they don't join daily business here, we have no players for commerce, no players for guild-business and no players for the community. This results in empty vendors, empty public-vendors, no action - like it is now. So this said - Portalarium has to do everything to get players in, give them a personal place where they feel at home and offer them action, quests and fun. Or this game goes on as a very privat version of a RPG for only a few players who invested much money. On a sidenote: Portalarium may or may not care - because approx. 20mio have been collected and most of it has been used. They could even close this down and go on with another one ...

13. 3devious

3devious Avatar

It's true. Everyone can't live in Rifts End. It's physically impossible. The NPC towns have their merits too, but POTs are the way to go unless you roll like BDF but we're not here to tell people how to have fun. If dealing with other people is unfun, Portalarium says that they'll have something for you. We all should hold them to it until it happens because they put in money just like we did and I refuse to believe that some dollars are more equal than others.

14. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

Beside it isn't too hard to get a pot row deed. Friend of mine did it with a basic account from a steam sale in 8 weeks with roughly one hour play a day and two on the weekend by selling ressource. He had access to my tax free vendors ofc but than again this game has hundreds of ppl who will let you use their tax free vendors for free if you don't spam them with junk.
    So it is doable with a reasonable effort imo.

15. Cock of the North

Cock of the North Avatar

I do not even have time to read the replies.

I was CLEARLY talking about NPC town LOT DEEDS in NPC towns with hundreds of empty lots.

Do you want me to make a documentary video of me walking in Northwood and show you how empty and dead the place is and show you all the lots I WANT to buy but cannot? If I remember correctly when I was on Graff Island doing a quest one of the only player houses I saw on the massively empty landscape actually had a vendor on it named "Why did you walk all the way over here?".

To be honest this is about the closest to roleplaying I ever would have come in a game, living in a town and inviting people to come to the town, trying to make a scene in the town and talk to new players passing through who, like me, are looking around thinking, this is a nice town I would like to buy a house here.

"Presenting our lovely housing system in negative terms does not serve the game."

You are the problem. You think it is fine. This town is completely dead and empty. As are many of the NPC towns, some of which have quests to do with the town. It makes the game look completely dead. Presenting a crap members only housing system does not serve THE PLAYERS.

If this is portraying the games housing system in a negative light, that is the games fault. The system is bad.

The fact they are going to make a new land space is laughable, they cannot even fill the current landspace. That honestly to me just looks like a money grab more than anything. Who is going to buy the lots in the new area? New players? I seriously doubt that.

I might also point out that the price of COTOs is being raised with release, also increasing the price of PoT deeds.

I'm not going to read any further, my OP still stands.

When the game is lying on a proverbial operating table dying you can continue to revive it with your wallets that is fine. I gave my review of the system from the perspective of a new player. That is what it is, and what it still is, regardless of what you want to believe.

Jimmy Haffa, Mykll, Pickley and 5 others like this.
  16. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Now I did not say to not say anything did I?. I said this is our system. It is the system that has evolved since 2013. Tons of work went into this game and the housing systems. How housing options are presented by launch is key imo. There are options and it can be a great and fun system to decide what to do. I totally didn't choose housing to go this way but it did and ATM it is what it is for us to enjoy and work with who knows what the future will bring in. I'm hoping for lovely housing quests, special events to obtain housing, and other fun challenges. I'm only talking about now right this very minute and how to present best before launch in a few weeks. So carry on. I am not arguing or disagreeing with concerns.

Kara Brae and Numa like this.
  17. Last Trinsic Defender

Last Trinsic Defender Avatar

You didn't ?
    You did.

20mio did too. So what?

Do I spend several hundres of dollars here or there. Yeah - much fun indeed.

Us? You are more then one person or talking in majestic pluralis?

18. 3devious

3devious Avatar

Not only is giving lots to people negatively reinforced sometimes but it seems that it is a waste of time trying to talk with some people about it. I do not think things are fine as they are but I am certainly in no hurry to pander to folks like the OP whose username is wildly fitting yet I imagine some tasty fowl would not want to be lumped in with such a person.
    Feel free to share your opinion. Be brave to put something out there that is unpopular. That's all cool but go to something that is supposed to be an exchange of ideas and blatantly refuse to entertain anything that you don't agree with, I invite you to pound sand.
    I would rather see Portalarium say to all of us "So long and thanks for all the fish." Than be held hostage by takers like that.
    People like that are why we can't have nice things.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2018
  19. Elnoth

Elnoth Avatar

Cock, you need to either jump in a time machine back to 2013 so you can understand how the game came to be in this position, or you need to either walk away and come back in 40 odd days when the game is released and see if the complaints are still valid when the game launches.

3devious, Kain Darkmoor and Kara Brae like this.
  20. LiquidBlaze

LiquidBlaze Avatar

37 days! =)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.