Ridiculous In Game Housing System

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Cock of the North, Feb 17, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Hendoman

The Hendoman Avatar

@Cock of the North Yes... You are right, early backers got a lot of perks.

I'll say that with a careful and brief investigation on the forums, you can quickly (imho TOO quickly) WITHIN TWO WEEKS of 'casual' gameplay, reach even the whaliest of Whales' level of goods and money and skills and in game housing potential.

Even without looking at the forums, you are going to watch a player do something, copy it, and succeed. And amass. And win. Quickly.

after reading 6 pages of replies to this post, by now you have gotten the response you wanted. I'll repeat sage wisdom... two weeks, and YOU are envied among players. I'll be interested in seeing the tone of your posts in two weeks....

THE HENDOMAN

Elwyn likes this.
  2. Kain Darkmoor

Kain Darkmoor Avatar

Doesn't seem like you read anything at all to be honest.

Sara Dreygon and Elwyn like this.
  3. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Since the poster said he is done he has been even more bashed.:( (entire page worth) This communityo_O (not worth saying)

You do nothing to better the outcome of the game when you blindly criticize those players.:confused:

then you all sit back a whine:eek: that the feedback in place other than here are negative.:oops:

BTW the deffinition of casual must be something us Casual Players do not understand ????
    Not even close, if you even say casual is 2 hours a day, MILES apart.

Mykll, Pickley and Ahuaeynjgkxs like this.
  4. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

I know I'm boycotting pretty much everything already, but I've decided to boycott people, and keep my opinion to myself :p

walking on eggshells....

Mykll and The Unwanted like this.
  5. The Unwanted

The Unwanted Avatar

Now you have upset Humpty Dumpty :(

Mykll likes this.
  6. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

It's alright since I'm the only one who can put him back together again for now :p He will be glad to know people still care about him !

Elwyn and The Unwanted like this.
  7. Kain Darkmoor

Kain Darkmoor Avatar

Sounds like someone can dish it but they can't take it.

Everyone has their own definition of what a casual is, just like everyone has their own definition of pay to win.

In my opinion, someone with almost 6k forum posts definitely doesn't seem casual to me.

8. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

And that's why I specifically mentioned that the reason for those empty lots is hundreds of people who have had accounts for multiple years and have not yet started playing, because they are waiting for official "Release", for whatever reason. Some have placed lots and only log in enough not to lose them, others have never logged in. Those lots will continue to remain empty until Release happens, and those "sleeping" lot deeds show up.

Port can do nothing about those empty lots. They are numerically accounted for, and include "sleeping" lot deeds, people with multiple pledge accounts, and people who have decided that POTs aren't so bad after all, and placed a PA deed in one. With time, those who have placed PA deeds in a POT may swap them out with a POT-only deed, allowing the PA deed to eventually go to someone who will use it in an NPC town.

9. Last Trinsic Defender

Last Trinsic Defender Avatar

Wow - that's some optimism. On what base do you expect such behaviour? The cool graphic, the outstanding quest-system, the challeging battle-system, the triple-A game-engine, ...? What is the cause that ppl will appear at "official release" (and thats a nonsense we all know because the game started with landrush in the past) and have fun from the very first moment for a very long time? Old players are surely returning to know if the earlier frustration is gone or if this game holds more new frustration for them. New player will come if others fetch them, the press tells them so or if there are allurements to play a game they never did or not in a long time. Which should it be? To be honest, I'm not quite certain at the moment ..

Mykll likes this.
  10. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

I don't know what you think I was saying, but in regards to the empty lot situation, I am not talking about new players. New (just heard of SotA) players have nothing to do with why NPC/PRT lots are empty. The lots are empty because someone old has a lot deed that isn't placed. Except for a few raffle deeds, all PA deeds were sold within a month of persistence.

I am specifically talking about people who already paid for a landed pledge a long time ago. and haven't yet done anything with their lot deed. Or are you implying that they are so angry about how the game turned out that have abandoned their pledge rewards forever, without even wanting to sell them to get their money back? Unless Port is somehow lying to us about the number of NPC/PRT lots vs deeds given out, something is causing all those lots to be empty.

If you have a theory about why there are so many empty lots, please enlighten us, instead of sniping everybody else.

11. Mykll

Mykll Avatar

I have zero doubt there are some that fall into this. How many? No clue. 100% of people that haven't placed their deeds are not waiting for release, and 100% of people angry about the game are not going to RMT.

I am curious about the number of people that have fully abandoned the game without RMT, and thus taken their deeds out of the game. Will the amount of available lots always be that short, or will there be a Portalarium correction later on?

Pickley likes this.
  12. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

Usually anything critical like this pulls a white knight dog pile.

Even though I do understand both sides of this argument I do wish both groups of people would be more civil in these types of discussions.

Jens_T and Mykll like this.
  13. Last Trinsic Defender

Last Trinsic Defender Avatar

I'm not sniping anybody. It's just a discussion. If you feel snipped then it was not intended.

My guess is as good as yours but it's not the first time ppl invest, wait and sue later ... even in computer-games it is usual nowadays to sue the company. Right now there is a big scifi-program which has big troubles with unhappy players. Well - Richard knows the problem. I remember the time when volunteers in UO did similar.

So. It is possible they wait and watch. Maybe they come back, maybe they rage-quit, maybe they go to the court. Who knows?

14. Berek

Berek Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Thread has started going off the rails with the topic. Since the OP isn't interested in continuing with the discussion, we'll keep this closed. Thanks to many of you for some good responses and great feedback on how we can continue to improve the housing system!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.