Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Right Mouse Button Movement

Discussion in 'Release 14 Feedback' started by Caliya, Feb 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PlagueSpores

PlagueSpores Avatar

No one is asking for them to change the current controls. This thread is simply a suggestion to add options to play more comfortable and fluid controls like most modern games. There is a reason why most modern games use the keyboard/mouse controls as being indicated in this thread. They have been tested over time to prove to be the best setup.

Dev's need to be careful about trying to make change up too much of controls and familiarity of gaming systems. I understand the goal is to be innovators and set SotA apart from the rest, but I am afraid that too much unfamiliarity too soon will cause the game to become ostracized and fade into non-existence.

Caliya and Tahru like this.
  2. ThurisazSheol

ThurisazSheol Avatar

i recently purchased the newly remastered fable game. it is set to not use the RMB to change the camera angle, just move the mouse, and it seems pretty clunky in my opinion. if they used the RMB for active combat, like they ddid when i played Tera, that would be a different story and would make it very useful.

However, with the current UI design, the RMB is needed for much more than just the directional keys, so by default it shoudl be as-is. I do like the idea that it should be an option, but that means other functions in the game would have to be modified too, to incorporate them into the new UI created by simply changing the one option. :(

while inconvienient to the devs, i think it would make both sets of players happy in that regard, especially those that wish to play with a game controller like the xbox or playstation controllers.

Tahru likes this.
  3. Duffrey Blake

Duffrey Blake Avatar

Exactly this. To implement the option is a "just do it" thing.

Tahru and High Baron O`Sullivan like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.