Ringforging...

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by ConjurerDragon, Nov 27, 2022.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ConjurerDragon

ConjurerDragon Avatar

On my way to forge the One Ring I have now started to smelt Rings of Jones, Life, Frogskin and Thimble of Evelyn from Common to Uncommon.

It seems strange to me that the first recpipe
    (to turn 4 common rings of XY to one uncommon)
    https://sotawiki.net/sota/Ring_of_the_Frogkin,_Uncommon
    and all the following recipes require only smelting skill 1 - or in other words Apprentice level smelting on the same level as simply pouring molten metal into a form to form an ingot.

Working on "artefacts" and refining them from common to uncommen ought to be at least in the double-digits, at least 10 smelting skill, and each additional step (uncommon to rare, rare to legendary, legendary to epic) ought to increase the needed skill at the very least by +1 each.

For comparison: Blacksmithing the easiest ring (metal ring) is blacksmithing 30, the other rings (gold, silver etc.) blacksmithing 50...

In addition each recipe lacks a ring mold to form the new ring in, that is a required part in all other ring recipes - which would be fine if you would be hammering / blacksmithing the old 4 rings together. But the recipe is a smelting one, so you smelt the old 4 down and need to form the new one in a mold.

11/27/2022 17:57
    Title:
    Reproduction Rate:
    Blocker?no
    Details: above
    Steps to Reproduce:
    User Specs:
    CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600G with Radeon Graphics (12) System RAM: 15742
    GPU: AMD Radeon(TM) Graphics GPU RAM: 4430
    SotA.Win.64.1609.Date.11.23.22
    Area: Novia_R1_City_CastleAtos
    Area Display Name: Castle Atos
    Loc: (-69.4, 111.9, 314.2)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjFfQ2l0eV9DYXN0bGVBdG9zfHwoLTY5LjM5NywgMTExLjkzNywgMzE0LjE4Mil8KDAsIDEsIDAsIDAuMDA2KXwtMzE4LjgyMDN8MzIuODQzNzh8MS4yNQ==

Edit: The same is true for Necklaces - the Necklace of Civilty for example can be smelted from common to uncommen with only smelting skill 1 and does not need a necklace mold doing so...

Last edited: Nov 27, 2022
    Anpu likes this.
  2. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

All of the artifact combine recipes are a requirement of 1 currently.

I do agree it possibly should have at least some level related. Such as crafting an Epic version could possibly require 100 Smelting.

3. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

Sorry, but IMO the dev's have more important things to ponder beyond this..........

Adam Crow likes this.
  4. Warrior B'Patrick

Warrior B'Patrick Avatar

Greetings
    Maybe the reason all that is required is beginner level is that the power is in the item (ring , staff, bow) and all you have to do is combine then. I agree it should require a ring mold because it requires coal to melt it but then combining a bow should require a carpentry crafting station and that would be a lot of work to redesign the different artifact recipes. I would make more sense though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.