Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Road Encounter on low Tier roads

Discussion in 'Release 49 Feedback Forum' started by Paladin Michael, Dec 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Paladin Michael

Paladin Michael Bug Hunter

Would it be possible not to be forced in the road encounter scene, because of a higher Adv.level?

What is interesting the first times walking down the roads, later is a waste of time,
    just to load and leave a scene, because enemies aren't a challenge and the XP is very low ...

Beside this: The rogues and other low lvl enemies on the road should be scared, watching an Avatar, wearing a Shroud ... knowing, it would be better to let us pass ;)

jolanar and Servant King like this.
  2. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

With several recent releases, I've updated random encounters. The biggest updates include making some of them two-stage battles. So far, this has been applied only to beast-based encounters, but over time I'll be applying something similar to the humanoid encounters as well. So, for example, you'll run into a handful of tier 2 bandits, and killing a few of them will draw out their leaders, who might be tier 5 or higher...perhaps even tier 10 or tougher! And with release 49, a character with a quest might appear after defeating the stage 2 "boss" creatures. Hopefully these sorts of changes will address your concerns.

3. Paladin Michael

Paladin Michael Bug Hunter

Thank you Sannio for this information - sounds really good and makes it more a challenge (like the Courage fight club)!

Numa and Brass Knuckles like this.
  4. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Does the stag encounter still bring out a dragon?

5. Sannio

Sometimes, not all the time.

Paladin Michael and Barugon like this.
  6. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

Im not 100% sure what this means, is this any uncompleted quest or a specific one related to encounters?

Paladin Michael likes this.
  7. Sannio

A character that only appears in encounters may show up and offer you a quest you would not be able to obtain anywhere else.

8. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

I love the concept of this, in fact I ran out to test this many times on the tier 10 encounters over and over. I must say the reward was way under whelming even worse when you add travel time and or scrolls.

If the tier 10 reward woulda been on a tier 1 encounter it might be a wash.

Paladin Michael likes this.
  9. Belladonna Rose

Belladonna Rose Bug Hunter

@Sannio You might want to check the 'wolves' I think this one might be bugged. The encounters all start with Elder wolves...which is fine. But it never progresses. I have done about a dozen of them and not once has it had a progression. Heck two of them all that was in the scene was a wolf and a bear. Others were all Elder. I would think the scene for this would be Elder and Obsidian wolves....then person you talk to would come into scene. But i have yet to get any progress on Wolf scenes. Others are working fine...well corpion and stags. Dog is still the humans that enter. So might want to take a look at them and see if they are tagged to do this.

Nelzie and Paladin Michael like this.
  10. Sannio

I'll take a look. Thanks for the note.

Nelzie and Paladin Michael like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.