1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Roadmap

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, Jun 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Leelu

Leelu Avatar

*Goes back to pixie dusting furniture to pass the time* :):)

2. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

Wow!

This is a very exciting roadmap.

Time Lord and Steve D. like this.
  3. Katrina Bekers

Katrina Bekers Localization Team

Also some items that resulted clearly "online only", during the drafting of that document.

For example: the Findoro Tablet allows you to know the position of another player ingame: of course it has no sense in Single Player Offline. I'd fully expect nobody will cry foul when the Tablet is not in the Offline mode... (Ready to be surprised, tho :D )

4. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

Yea, and there really is no need for Teleport scrolls in SP Offline either, so hopefully we will no receive them in starter inventory and the recipes will be removed from the Offline game version.

5. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

What is the justification for taxing property in the offline mode? It makes sense to me in the online mode to ensure that inactive players can't hog all the available land, and to prevent too much of the land from being bought up by only a few people. In the offline mode, those reasons are not applicable. I think that a legitimate goal for an offline player might be to gradually purchase all the lots in Owl's Head and decorate the whole town. Taxing offline property would make this impossible even for the most dedicated offline player.

6. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

Does the game keep track of real time outside of the game in the offline mode? Sounds like there is a lot of replay-ability or end game stuff in the offline game too.

I created my own private RunUO server a few years ago and played for fun. I made castles, and created moongates between them, and all sorts of custom stuff. It was really fun actually. There really was no striving to do anything because I could modify my characters and give them super powers if I wanted or live normally. I modified the summon daemon spell to summon what looked like a balron that took up 1 pet slot, but I supped up the balrons to be able to have some sort of survivability against the harrower and some of those other super bosses.

However I just enjoyed playing for fun and decorating etc. So I sort of see what you mean about having the abilty to have no rent.

Perhapse it would be cool if after finishing the game it opened up world building tools. It would be sort of nice to have a sim city style POT that you can buy and you can decorate the town and set up the vendors anyway you like and dress people up, or even create your own NPCs that can join your party. Although any super stuff should be isolated to novia and not be able to interfear with eppisode 2. So I sort of see that issue there.

7. Leostorm

Leostorm Avatar

Should prolly update/remove the items on list you already added to the game :p

8. Lord_Darkmoon

Lord_Darkmoon Avatar

Sleeping and advancing time in offline mode is a needed feature!

Also I hope that roving encounters on the overland map include ambient animals like birds, deer etc, too.

docdoom77, majoria70, kbruder and 7 others like this.
  9. Steevodeevo

Steevodeevo Avatar

here come da kids...

Time Lord, Chatele and Leelu like this.
  10. Vallo Frostbane

Vallo Frostbane Avatar

Will the issues of mode switching exploit be addressed?
    Will we see MP Only PVP Areas?

Time Lord and GraveDncer like this.
  11. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

Doesn't Discord offer free voice chat? If so, then I'm not sure we need this integrated in game or for Portalarium to pay for the bandwidth.

12. Mugly Wumple

Mugly Wumple Avatar

Who can know the inscrutable wisp?

13. Skyo

Skyo Avatar

Can't we adjust this algorithm to allow PVP players to select the option and exclusivity be put with other pvp players?

Time Lord, Chatele and Leelu like this.
  14. gtesser

gtesser Avatar

Excellent list!

Will we have the option to disable mini-maps though? I hate them.

Time Lord likes this.
  15. Miracle Dragon

Miracle Dragon Legend of the Hearth

For consistency, I'd prefer it if all these 'online features' had offline uses.. and that they could be used for those uses online too.

Example: The Findoro's Tablet should allow us to speak with NPC nobility as well. And the teleport scrolls should allow us to travel to our companions' homes after we've befriended them, when they aren't with us. Or perhaps they could allow us to summon them instantly even while we are in dungeons or something.

16. Vallo Frostbane

Vallo Frostbane Avatar

Not a good idea, unless we get our own economy as PVPers... I think they plan a different route.

Time Lord and Leelu like this.
  17. Vyrin

Vyrin Avatar

Thanks for pulling it out again Starr.

I do not see any notes about the virtue system. Might be good to list what will affect it and when it will be fully implemented.

Way back, there was talk that the "maleficent forces" of the game would lay siege to towns, even some discussion of how such a mechanic might work. One of the ideas was that you might have to help free a town before you could get back to your house. (Remember the pics of skellies with catapults? :)) I assume this is not part the plan anymore.

From the $1.6M and $1.7M stretch goal: There is supposed to be "mysterious island" content (which I assume is the Hidden Vale) and a "lost vale" scene: a new mini-adventure centered around a lost valley previously hidden to players but available based on astronomical alignments. Which scene is this and when is it implemented?

From the $1.7M stretch goal: "Meteorites, volcanic eruptions, outbreaks of rare plants and animals can appear and vanish suddenly (online and offline) for those who are paying attention." Is this in game already?

18. Katrina Bekers

Katrina Bekers Localization Team

That'd be ideal. But it'd mean twice the coding for the same item. I'd love it, but...
    You mean the Noble Orb? Findoro is about locating characters.

Time Lord, Miracle Dragon and Leelu like this.
  19. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

Thanks for reposting this list. Awesome!

Leelu and Time Lord like this.
  20. Ice Queen

Ice Queen Avatar

Looking forward to many things on the roadmap list. :)

NPCs: Polish passes will be made across the characters and creatures

Looking forward seeing the creature polishes especially.

Leelu, Time Lord and KuBaTRiZeS like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.