Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Roaming encounters need a boss

Discussion in 'Release 42 Feedback Forum' started by SabeSr, May 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SabeSr

SabeSr Avatar

There should be a boss guy in the random encounters...

Also there should be some harder ones... all I find are easy to beat.

btw: thank you for putting rewards in the chests but they seem a bit too much for the risk...

I'm getting a half dozen different items,... multiple gems and even 120 gold from my first one plus Constantan sword but it was almost broken completely... 4/18 (100)

2. Black Tortoise

Black Tortoise Avatar

This seems to be harder to pull off than it should be, but you can sort of adjust the difficulty of the encounter by leading them far from the road. I farm the encounters some times for exp and resources, and usually I try and kite the skeleton or bandit from the road to the furthest point I can access, and then let them get me. Sometimes it actually scales the encounter to be way too hard, but usually it makes it challenging. The closer to the road, the lower level the encounter. Which is still OK to farm for weps for salvage since it takes like 10s to kill everything inside sometimes.

Instead of a "boss" you get a bigger BAF group of whatever the encounter is. Like, 4 bandits at once that you cant kite away individually.

I agree, a boss mob would be cool. Have it drop like 150g or something simple, but enough to make you feel o.k. with being sucked through 2 loading screens for it and the exp.

The chests have improved, I look forward to seeing what they have inside of them now, instead of it being a joke about wtf the bandits were doing out here in the middle of no where guarding a leather scrap and 2 ruby fragments lol.

3. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I believe that they will eventually bring back the dragon roaming encounter.

4. SabeSr

SabeSr Avatar

I've hunted down the harder roaming encounters and found that the more difficult ones when you engage one target ALL targets agro on you regardless of range and come from accross the encounter and you are overwhelmed by all of them.

This needs to be addressed.

5. Deiniak

Deiniak Avatar

We can have friendly roaming encounter too.
    I would like to see Crazy Bob the merchant going from one city to another

Thwip likes this.
  6. SabeSr

SabeSr Avatar

Actually they have a roaming merchant encounter I bumped into it once... he didn't have anything special which is a shame, I assume they will seed them eventually.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.