Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Rock throwing Trolls

Discussion in 'Release 29 Feedback Forum' started by SabeSr, May 23, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SabeSr

SabeSr Avatar

Why can't we dodge their rocks at all...

I run away and zig zag and run in circles... still they have heat seeking rocks!

Not like I can cast spells or engage in combat while running.

And if they are bent over picking up a rock I should be hitting for automatic crits due to their not being able to parry dodge block evade or whatever

Leelu, Time Lord, Jynx and 1 other person like this.
  2. Black Tortoise

Black Tortoise Avatar

Yah I dont like the "heat seeking" projectiles either. Its just as silly when Im in a mine and a mage casts a fireball at me, I swiftly dodge behind a wall, and the fireball phases out of spacetime through the wall and connects with my body in normal space perfectly. Im pretty sure I could dodge a huge stone thrown by the highly telegraphing troll, esp in mountain/rocky areas or forests.

That one is debatable, as they are a troll and may not have a "critical" area exposed. Maybe their skin is so thick and their nerves so numb that a nasty slash to what would be a critical area for a human is merely a scratch for a troll. I am stretching my imagination like cellophane here :).

Leelu and Time Lord like this.
  3. Leostorm

Leostorm Avatar

I dodge roll and it does 0(white) dmg to me which means it missed :p
    But yea be nice if it was a ground target attack instead of the old targeting system heatseekers.

Leelu, Spoon, Time Lord and 1 other person like this.
  4. GreyMouser Skye

GreyMouser Skye Avatar

It is not the Troll's fault that he is the biggest and the strongest (with heat seeking rocks).
    He does not even exercise.

[​IMG]

5. agra

agra Avatar

The Trolls are still using R28 tab targeting.

Leelu, Time Lord, Kara Brae and 2 others like this.
  6. SabeSr

SabeSr Avatar

The yellow coloring for them isn't correct, they should be red to me I fight yellows all the time easy as pie... yellow troll no he should be orange or even red.

I am ok with them having tough skin as long as they aren't getting a dodge parry modifier when they are picking up a rock.

7. Gix

Gix Avatar

What we have is not a "true" mouse-look system so, technically, you are still bound by the tab targeting. The difference is that you're not pressing TAB to target anymore but are "tabbing" by looking at them with the reticle (there's a important nuance) which is why there's a lot of issues with how it currently works.

A crude way of explaining it is that it's like you pressed tab and it just cycles through available monsters in the area... as opposed to clicking on the target or... like... aiming the target with your reticle like a normal FPS mode should work.

Considering that Portalarium doesn't want the combat to be twitch-based, I predict that most projectiles will continue to follow your movement like a heat-seaking missile.

8. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

One way to fix this is to make troll throwing rock on the ground to do AOE damage on the spot it lands, not locking the target at the player.

GreyMouser2, Leelu and Time Lord like this.
  9. Gix

Gix Avatar

That outcome is heavily dependent on your latency, though. Even if the rock throw was an AoE on ground, you might still get hit by it... except, this time, there are chances that you will clearly see the animation missing.

Which is more frustrating, I wonder?

**Disclaimer: I'm not suggesting that it's currently not dependent on latency, but that the desired results of the suggested "fix" is. Good case: it's a fix, bad case: it doesn't change anything.

Last edited: May 24, 2016
    Time Lord likes this.
  10. r-DotPhunky

r-DotPhunky Avatar

Frackin' aimbots.... ;)

Or the hardened skeleton archers whose arrows defy logic as they pass through multiple walls to crit you for 60 damage in the mines of Novia.

Time Lord likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.