Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Rogue Build: Stealth, Traps, Lockpicking, Backstab Where Are You?

Discussion in 'Release 9 Feedback' started by twobells, Aug 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. twobells

twobells Avatar

[​IMG]

Um, where are all the Thief-type skills?
    The Thief is essential to any game that calls itself an rpg, has anyone any idea as to when they will be introduced?

Thanks in advance

2. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

"Welcome Rogue!"
    It's coming... we have many threads on it and most have links to the other threads on what's been spoken of. We're thinking it will be maybe 6 months from now or a year... but!... this will be something new and inventive unlike UO. But also!... we don't really "know" anything yet or anything about it as the team is busy working on Basic Combat and PvP right now.

This is a seemingly classless system, so the skills will be spread for everything, which will include many rogue skills in places where you may not expect then to be. SotA is so new and inventive, that we as players find ourselves just as we did when UO first came out, totally new and everyone is learning new stuff and new ways all over again.

My guess is that they will be included in Public release #2.... but I'm guessing and so will everyone until we get everything ... "Everything" up and running before we will know more :)
    But Richard Garriott's worlds are always "all inclusive" where the world and everything in it is always as real and in depth as possible!
    And he's at the top of this good food chain here... and not EA or Origin management to get in his way!
    But the entire team of Dev here are all legends of MMO and gaming. So I have no doubt that everything will be here ;)
    https://shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?threads/stealing.9662/
    There's one of the larger threads on it :rolleyes:
    ~Time Lord~:rolleyes:

Lord Baldrith, Maka and Abydos like this.
  3. Greymarch

Greymarch Avatar

Check the "Lunar" spell tree. Just not in yet.

Maka likes this.
  4. twobells

twobells Avatar

Ah, okies thanks very much.

5. Proteus Tempest

Proteus Tempest Avatar

Any word or ideas on a penalty system for thieves or rogues?
    I have been in and seen a prison in Owls Head. For some reason there are Kobalds there. Its not huge but could be a tricky place to get out of in the case that a player was imprisoned there . Can't imagine why.....;)

Maka likes this.
  6. Maka

Maka Avatar

The clink is for people who don't pay their debts. Thieves are killed upon capture. :)

Tahru likes this.
  7. Proteus Tempest

Proteus Tempest Avatar

I'm all for UO "Felucca" style game play. I have been looking for that kind of thief for a few years now and this is the best chance since UO to get it again.

I see there are also people opposed to stealing in the SotA crowd so since cutting each others throats in combat is more preferable to stealing from each other would it be popular for there to be a more complex "Flagging" system in place for players? Like...

Non PvP
    PvP only
    All out "felucca" PvP with Stealing etc.

Each category above only interacts with others of the same category since this is the current popular model.

8. CaptainJackSparrow

CaptainJackSparrow Avatar

How do you figure that? Captain Jack is aware that Thievery won't even be a thought until sometime after Episode 1 is released. Episode 2 or after it is then. This isn't a great chance at all, it is another "few years" off. Better grab a few drinks and get ready for a long voyage!

Joviex and The Cult Leader like this.
  9. Proteus Tempest

Proteus Tempest Avatar

There is always fishing and treasure hunting until then.

Also any of the other games I have played have a rogue style with rogue-ish combat moves. A far cry from a real thief type.

Lord Baldrith likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.