Roll System Change

Discussion in 'Wishlist Requests' started by Drilikath, Mar 16, 2019 at 9:32 AM.

1. Drilikath

Drilikath Avatar

Can we get it so we can see the threshold below 50, Items like lich essence do not have a value high enough and in groups whoever loots it gets it. This causes a lot of issues for me as of late, instead of people fighting and being fair, people will just go and loot all the lich and nothing else so they can get the essence and not care about sharing with anyone else.

Yes i know i can not group etc etc etc or kick them out whatever but the whole point should be as a party leader i should be able to set the value to 1 if i wanted to so we roll on every single item anyone loots minus quest items.

Thanks
    Drilikath

2. FrostII

FrostII Avatar

Rather than be able to set the roll below 50 (which would mean both we and the system would be rolling on virtually everything, including all the worthless dirty plates, empty vials, etc.) - it would be much easier to set the value of lich essence to 50.
    Given the drive to collect 10's of thousands of the things (a ludicrous absurdity in itself) their "worth" is 50 anyway.

3. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Did they ever make gray bundles more than 50?

The pricing is so strange....

4. Rinaldi

Rinaldi Avatar

Looting improvements have been requested many times over the years, but so far Portalarium has not bothered to improve the loot options.

A while back, the pic below suggested a concept for expanding the loot options: You can set loot mode: free for all, roll, etc. You could also roll based on 1) value of the item, or 2) the type of item (potion, armor, weapon, bundle, rare drop, common recipe). Rare drops would be anything that drops infrequently: artifacts, recipes, blueprints, creepy doll, cow bell, envy bow, etc.

Also, Why the heck do they bury the check box for auto-loot deep in the settings menu?
    It makes more sense to put this check box in the party loot window as shown below (but can also be deep in the settings).

Perhaps have a check box to auto-destroy (filter out) anything that is worth < 5 gold pieces? The rusty spatulas and similar crud is generally useless and clutters the game interface.

When join a party, maybe have an option to turn on a text alert (white text that displays in the middle of the screen) that states: "Party Loot set to..." and then it tells you the current loot settings?

Well, anyway, if they are serious about quality of life improvements, they will address the numerous issues raised by players, including the loot options.

[​IMG]

5. redfish

redfish Avatar

If we're talking about problems in general with the auto roll system...

From my experience in MP my biggest issue with loot rolls is that they'll often happen when you're fighting and have to divide your attention between combat and loot rolls. And this is because other party members will loot in the middle of fighting, too. I still believe adding a short loot timer would help with a lot of issues, and would help with this as well (thread here).

Don't mean to distract from the more general complaint in the OP and yes I agree there should able to be some granularity in this. I also think it would be better for the game in general if all items could be given categories/tags, and this could show up in the game in many other ways. Through inventory searches per category (search for "armor"), through being able to limit vendor inventories to certain types of items so a vendor can accept from an entire guild or POT or the public, to even putting "buy" tabs in the vendor inventory for the item category, so you can switch between an "armor" tab and a "weapons" tab. The same category/tag system could apply to the loot roll system in some way, and make it more flexible than a fixed set of 5 or so options.

6. Lord Tachys al`Fahn

Lord Tachys al`Fahn Avatar

I’m confused how a system that automatically rolls for you forces you to divide your attention when someone loots a corpse during combat??!?

FrostII likes this.
  7. redfish

redfish Avatar

Oh sorry I don't mean the auto roll option, but the roll/pass system generally speaking...

Auto roll isn't necessarily great either because you just pick up a lot of junk that way same as if you just quickly double click everything and Loot All before you see what the corpse even has on his body. This is a broader problem I see with the loot system; people never see what they're looting because they just do it automatically. So it leads to picking up a lot of junk you don't want because the devs want to put inessential things on corpses, or having something like an artifact buried in your inventory that you accidentally sell at the merchant because you don't notice it. I feel a lot of ways people want to address the issue tend to be bandaids to the real problem, which the way the game works, it encourages you not to pay attention to what you're looting.

Think about it; the game basically makes the roll/pass system so much of a problem that people feel they need an auto-roll option in the first place. Its better that the initial mechanics are better so you don't need the option to begin with. (Possibly they could also change Loot All to Loot Selected, with every item initially selected, then clicking an item could toggle select/deselect. Since part of the problem is also being selective is made by the game to be a PITA)

Last edited: Mar 16, 2019 at 5:01 PM
  8. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Well that's not totally fair, the loot rolling is an improvement even if minor.

I agree with most of the other stuff.

Maybe it's if you want to see what you got? I'd really like to. The "whiz!" sfx for getting an artifact is not sufficient for me to even know it happened. I would really like to SEE cool items pop up in front of me instead of being a footnote in the chat log.